George Galloway Refutes Allegations That He is a Morrissey Fan!

R

Regie Pepper

I spoke to George Galloway this morning in connection with claims in NME that he is a rabid Morrissey Fan.

I am referred to as RP George Galloway is referred to as GG

RP - Good Morning

GG - Good Morning

RP - How do you respond to claims that you are a Morrissey fan? isn't it true that you have been to many Morrissey concerts?

GG - Let me make this crystal clear that I have seen Morrissey play once, excatly the same amount of times as Tony Blair has watched Morrissey perform live, in the 1980s, in a benefit gig for The Labour party, only I wasn't dancing unlike Tony.

RP - OK but I would have to put it to you that you have a large Morrissey CD collection!

GG - Again I refute the accusations in the strongest possible terms, I do not have a Morrissey CD, I do not own a Morrissey CD, I have not seen a Morrissey CD and nobody, nobody has bought a Morrissey CD on my behalf.

RP - But Mr Galloway are you not merely playing with words, you deny having a Morrissey CD collection because you downloaded all his tunes from Apple Itunes and you do infact have one of the largest collection of Morrissey tracks in the UK?

GG - Let me get this straight, because it is of vital importance that people hear the truth. I do not have an MP3 player, I do not listen to an MP3 player and I have NEVER owned an MP3 player so this allegation is exposed as the ridiculous slander that it is.

RP - I must ask though, it would be remiss of me not to, about your Morrissey DVD collection?

GG - Again, I state I have not watched a Morrissey promo film, I have not watched a Morrissey live concert - bootleg or otherwise and shall not watch a Morrissey concert.

RP -so we seem to have cleared upo any misunderstanding as to your position on Morrissey!

Back
Top Bottom