Ganglord

BillyBud

Unruly Boy
I've heard it live several times now and just heard the studio version.

I definately think it should have made it onto ROTT. Once again Moz comes up with a cracking b-side.

Certainly a better track than 'On the Streets I ran'.

Your thoughts?
:D

I agree - although I would probably exchange it for either "... Work of Art" or "... Boy Happy". I wonder if, thematically, it didn't quite work in the wider context of the rest of the album for Morrissey. Also, I haven't quite got a handle on what it might be about - Moz being victimised by the police, etc. I wonder if in some oblique way it ties in with "First of the Gang..."

Orson Swells said:
I agree - although I would probably exchange it for either "... Work of Art" or "... Boy Happy". I wonder if, thematically, it didn't quite work in the wider context of the rest of the album for Morrissey. Also, I haven't quite got a handle on what it might be about - Moz being victimised by the police, etc. I wonder if in some oblique way it ties in with "First of the Gang..."

Yep, that's what I was thinking. Not sure it's sound fits in with the rest of the album. Maybe it's too similar in style to '...Far Off Places'?

Well that's a bit much. to be honest I think the YATQ b-sides are much better than the ROTT b-sides (so far) Ganglord is ok but I don't think it should have been on the album. I think it's kinda like Jack the Ripper. not bad but not great

Modcon said:
Well that's a bit much. to be honest I think the YATQ b-sides are much better than the ROTT b-sides (so far) Ganglord is ok but I don't think it should have been on the album. I think it's kinda like Jack the Ripper. not bad but not great

I think Jack The Ripper is fantastic. ;)

the Studio version of Jack isnt very good, a bit boring....But the live version on Beethoven Was Deaf is amasing!

Back
Top Bottom