'Ganglord' vs 'In The Ghetto'

Which is better? 'Ganglord' by Moz or "In The Ghetto' by Elvis?

• Ganglord

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • In The Ghetto

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

Puddle

Banned
Both mention 'The Ghetto'

which is better? 'Ganglord' by morrissey or 'In The Ghetto' by Elvis Presley?

Are you serious?

That is like making a poll about which song is better Morrissey's "America Is Not The World" or Neil Diamonds "They're Coming To America" simply because they both have to do with America...

It's just silly...and it's on a Morrissey forum...do you really think Elvis stands a chance on a Morrissey forum?!

Are you serious?

That is like making a poll about which song is better Morrissey's "America Is Not The World" or Neil Diamonds "They're Coming To America" simply because they both have to do with America...

It's just silly...and it's on a Morrissey forum...do you really think Elvis stands a chance on a Morrissey forum?!

It's 9:2 in Elvis' favour... so I'd say he does stand a chance!

I don't think it's a nonsensical poll -- I also recalled In the Ghetto when I first heard about and then listened to Ganglord. It's not just the mention of "ghetto," but both artists writing about the ghetto from an outside perspective. There are also the many tangible and intangible connections between Elvis and Morrissey, who is the closest to an heir we have. Both tracks came later in their careers, too.

That's about as far as I can stretch it...can't decide which I like more, though.

Back
Top Bottom