FAO Proper and Loafing Oaf

• Thread starter Let's Go Devils
  • Start date
Re: HAAHAA, so glad to be of british heritage, i can't stop laughing, hahahaahaha, you will kill me

WHAT are YOU so gleeful about? You've got Eddie Izzard!!! Hyacinth!! Kylie Minogue!!! Posh and Beckham! and......drum roll please, Elton John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aint dat da troof??????? Stern and I are in the same minority,we say things people dont like daily,then why dont they just do one of these two things:

1) dont repsond/read/reply to ANY of my posts

2) turn the channel????? in other words,go to another webiste?? create your own

Re: THE PASSION OF THE STERN: A RADIO PIONEER PERSECUTED BY THE U.S. GOVERNMENT

Keep this in mind...its only "FREE SPEECH" until someone gets "offended" by it,then thats all out the window. Dont you find it funny that now,a few months before re-election this is happening???? I mean,look,sterns been on the air for what like 20 years doing this???? and no one has said anything like this until now?????

Like your dad said"f*** the FCC"...let 'em come to my place in corona,ca,Ill set 'em the f*** straight.

Its like I said too,people can say anything about anyone,but the minute you say something they dont like,they all of a sudden get "offended by it". Everyone offends someone. The people who find what others say "offensive",no doubt,do say,write, things that offend others. When someone tells them they're offended by something they did,they get all shitty with them about it and ask why???? you cant please everyone man,just yourself. Not everything you do is going to please everyone,no one wants a robot or to live like everyone else,thats what makes the US such a wonderful place to live. What I do in my house,on my radio,my computer, is MY business,no one else's. Im sick to death of people trying to tell others how to live their lives,do what they want them to do,think they way they do.

> Aint dat da troof??????? Stern and I are in the same minority,we say
> things people dont like daily,then why dont they just do one of these two
> things:

> 1) dont repsond/read/reply to ANY of my posts

> 2) turn the channel????? in other words,go to another webiste?? create
> your own
and We sort of have our own wack pack here at Morrissey solo of Andy EI, The ghoul, and Mozzerian.
The only difference I suppose is that Proper your a lot better looking than Howard and you get a lot more Pootang.

> I know!!!!! :(">

> I lunched with my dad today and he showed me an article in the WSJ about
> the fine. F THE MOTHER-F-ing FCC! VOTE KERRY! F MICHAEL POWELL UP HIS
> F-ing ASS!

> HOWARD:

> "My days here are numbered because I dared to speak out against the
> Bush administration and say the religious agenda of George W. Bush
> concerning stem-cell research and gay marriage is wrong. And what he is
> doing with the FCC is pushing his religious agenda. And also the fact that
> the guy takes more vacation than any prsident ever. It's time for him to
> leave. Having said that pushed me off the air in six markets."
Maybe it is, maybe its not, but infinity was fined much more in 1995 during the Clinton Administration and Howard has been a target for years. I find this all very frightening.

> Maybe it is, maybe its not, but infinity was fined much more in 1995
> during the Clinton Administration and Howard has been a target for years.
> I find this all very frightening.

Yeah, the FCC is now preparing to fine Infinity up to $1.49 million if they find that their 18 stations aired the same material as they fined Clear Channel over. Which of course they did, unless some of the local stations bleeped it out on their own. There's pending legislation that would yank the licenses of stations that air indecent material three times during a license's eight-year term. Infinity has a bit more backbone, and have refused to pay any fines since the 1995 fine you mention. We'll see if they hang tough.

I find it hilarious but scary that something millions have been listening to and enjoying for over a decade can suddenly be deemed indecent just because Michael Powell flipped out over Janet Jackson's tit at the Super Bowl. Makes me think Stern might not just be blowing smoke about the political agenda behind it. How can they enforce such vague indecency standards so arbitrarily????

I also think Howard's correct that the news media is not taking this as seriously as they ought to because they think Howard's a big joke.