colleen hates julia coz she's smarter ,richer and nicer than her.

• Thread starter i know something you don't
  • Start date
No, I don't HATE her, I do admit to DETESTING her but that's splitting hairs. How do you KNOW Julia is smarter? I went to University, have two degrees, and it wasn't easy! Yeah, I admit, sometimes I get irked by her wealth when I ( and other Moz supporters ) have to scrape by to even SEE the man, and she carries around that stick because of her eating disorder (her hair is falling out, her arms are like twigs and I know this because in the early 80's *I* had anorexia. Same thing happened to me. I am a normal weight, 130lbs for a person who is 5'10" in height. Julia shouldn't get special privileges because she's rich. And has seen Moz a zillion times. They should just get a ROOM. I heard from someone who attended the Philly show that he was talking to Julia all throughout the show, and practically singing just *to her*, ignoring the rest of his fans. How do you KNOW she's nicer? I'm always complimented on my politeness, except of course, here...LOL

> No, I don't HATE her, I do admit to DETESTING her but that's splitting
> hairs. How do you KNOW Julia is smarter? I went to University, have two
> degrees, and it wasn't easy! Yeah, I admit, sometimes I get irked by her
> wealth when I ( and other Moz supporters ) have to scrape by to even SEE
> the man, and she carries around that stick because of her eating disorder
> (her hair is falling out, her arms are like twigs and I know this because
> in the early 80's *I* had anorexia. Same thing happened to me. I am a
> normal weight, 130lbs for a person who is 5'10" in height. Julia
> shouldn't get special privileges because she's rich. And has seen Moz a
> zillion times. They should just get a ROOM. I heard from someone who
> attended the Philly show that he was talking to Julia all throughout the
> show, and practically singing just *to her*, ignoring the rest of his
> fans. How do you KNOW she's nicer? I'm always complimented on my
> politeness, except of course, here...LOL

The only reason anyone resents her is that she is lucky enough to be wealthy enough to fly around the world and see him. Unfortunately us other poor souls aren't. Just because of this fact he singles her out as some sort of "super fan", disregarding the fact others aren't in her position. I quite agree this is very insulting. Those of us who have to struggle to go to concerts are surely the more loyal as it takes more effort on our part than "ms money bags".
I also have seen her appear at the front of a queue, never having queued for hours but maintained she's been there since, whenever. No soddin queueing up though!
She looks ill to me as well Colleen, but that's another point.
I can't see him wanting to "share a room" as you stated.
I do think he should stop this constant name-checking, it's just silly and boring.

Listen to me about the Julia thing for just a minute, people

As we say here in America, you guys need to "back the truck up" and listen:

I know what I'm talking about here. Julia is not "rich." Yes, she has enough money to follow Morrissey around, but it is through quite a bit of sacrifice. She's definitely not living the high life, people.

He appreciates her -- she's stuck by him when others didn't. And we all must admit, she has dedicated her entire life to this man. Her life outside of Morrissey is not exactly 'plentiful.'

As far as her cane, that's from an injury. She doesn't have an eating disorder, she's just a dedicated vegan. She only eats organic vegan foods, so that limits her food choices when she's on the road.

Listen to me, I don't know how else to say it: She does this because she loves Moz. She is not, repeat, not living the high life.

Please don't hate her; try to see the beauty in what it is she's doing. I saw it early on, and it's breathtaking. To see such a pure expression of love mixed with self-sacrifice is truly a once-in-a-lifetime thing. Try to see what I see, even if you only see the tip of the iceberg, you'll begin to understand what I mean.

Re: Listen to me about the Julia thing for just a minute, people

> As we say here in America, you guys need to "back the truck up"
> and listen:

> I know what I'm talking about here. Julia is not "rich." Yes,
> she has enough money to follow Morrissey around, but it is through quite a
> bit of sacrifice. She's definitely not living the high life, people.

> He appreciates her -- she's stuck by him when others didn't. And we all
> must admit, she has dedicated her entire life to this man. Her life
> outside of Morrissey is not exactly 'plentiful.'

> As far as her cane, that's from an injury. She doesn't have an eating
> disorder, she's just a dedicated vegan. She only eats organic vegan foods,
> so that limits her food choices when she's on the road.

> Listen to me, I don't know how else to say it: She does this because she
> loves Moz. She is not, repeat, not living the high life.

> Please don't hate her; try to see the beauty in what it is she's doing. I
> saw it early on, and it's breathtaking. To see such a pure expression of
> love mixed with self-sacrifice is truly a once-in-a-lifetime thing. Try to
> see what I see, even if you only see the tip of the iceberg, you'll begin
> to understand what I mean.

What "beauty" in what she's doing? What a load of tosh.
Don't you think we'd all do the same if we could.
Where does she get the time, apart from the money.
Unfortunately, we have to work for a living!
And as for loving Morrissey...So Do I..BELIEVE ME!

> What "beauty" in what she's doing? What a load of tosh.
> Don't you think we'd all do the same if we could.
> Where does she get the time, apart from the money.
> Unfortunately, we have to work for a living!
> And as for loving Morrissey...So Do I..BELIEVE ME!

Actually, no, I don't think we'd do it. I know I wouldn't do it! You'd have to give up EVERYTHING else! I'm not willing to do that. She works, too. She does that fanzine, and frankly, I think that's where she gets the money. I know you love Morrissey. I do too, we all do. I'm just saying it's a beautiful thing, all the self-sacrifice. The fact that she gives him so much comfort is obvious too.

> Actually, no, I don't think we'd do it. I know I wouldn't do it! You'd
> have to give up EVERYTHING else! I'm not willing to do that. She works,
> too. She does that fanzine, and frankly, I think that's where she gets the
> money. I know you love Morrissey. I do too, we all do. I'm just saying
> it's a beautiful thing, all the self-sacrifice. The fact that she gives
> him so much comfort is obvious too.

Bollocks!
I suppose you being a "True Friend" are permanently on the Guest List as well are you. If someone needs to use a cane, what the hell are they doing travelling all round the world?

> Bollocks!
> I suppose you being a "True Friend" are permanently on the Guest
> List as well are you. If someone needs to use a cane, what the hell are
> they doing travelling all round the world?

No, I am not permanently on the guest list -- I have to scramble for my ticket and my place in the queue just like everyone else. I just happen to know what's in her heart, is all. Needing to use a cane does not make someone incapable of travelling around the world -- you know that. It's just a temporary injury anyway, and not one that makes her incapable of travel.

Just make the attempt to see what I see, that's all I'm asking. You'll feel better, anyway.

> No, I am not permanently on the guest list -- I have to scramble for my
> ticket and my place in the queue just like everyone else. I just happen to
> know what's in her heart, is all. Needing to use a cane does not make
> someone incapable of travelling around the world -- you know that. It's
> just a temporary injury anyway, and not one that makes her incapable of
> travel.

> Just make the attempt to see what I see, that's all I'm asking. You'll
> feel better, anyway.

Don't worry I am quite capable of seeing for myself.
I call "a spade a spade". Do you reckon she doesn't pay travel expenses either?I would guess so. What exactly do you mean by giving up "EVERYTHING" and "SELF-SACRIFICE", You make her out to be some sort of martyr. She is having the opportunity of seeing every concert he performs, anywhere in the world. Tell me what is sacrificial in that. I wish I bloody could!

> Don't worry I am quite capable of seeing for myself.
> I call "a spade a spade". Do you reckon she doesn't pay travel
> expenses either?I would guess so. What exactly do you mean by giving up
> "EVERYTHING" and "SELF-SACRIFICE", You make her out to
> be some sort of martyr. She is having the opportunity of seeing every
> concert he performs, anywhere in the world. Tell me what is sacrificial in
> that. I wish I bloody could!

All I'm saying is that she's sacrificing EVERYTHING else. I mean there is nothing else in her world except Morrissey, really. That would have to get lonely! So it is a sacrifice, and she's doing it for herself, yes, but also for HIM. He does take comfort in seeing her out there nightly, I know he does. You would be willing to sacrifice your entire personal life and any semblance of stability to follow him around? Would you?Think about it, really. Also, you don't think she pays travel expenses? Who do you think does?

> The only reason anyone resents her is that she is lucky enough to be
> wealthy enough to fly around the world and see him. Unfortunately us other
> poor souls aren't. Just because of this fact he singles her out as some
> sort of "super fan", disregarding the fact others aren't in her
> position. I quite agree this is very insulting. Those of us who have to
> struggle to go to concerts are surely the more loyal as it takes more
> effort on our part than "ms money bags".
> I also have seen her appear at the front of a queue, never having queued
> for hours but maintained she's been there since, whenever. No soddin
> queueing up though!
> She looks ill to me as well Colleen, but that's another point.
> I can't see him wanting to "share a room" as you stated.
> I do think he should stop this constant name-checking, it's just silly and
> boring.
Okay, I shall take back that statement about *getting a room*- he's got someone in his life anyway, and I was just angry about this attention he gives Julia. I have sat in muddy fields, pushed my way through throngs of strong frat boys, and all for naught. I have been thrown up on, trampled, (which is hard considering my height.) had all sorts of uncomfortable things occur happen while seeing Morrissey. Yes, he should completely stop this name checking, and I personally think he was doing it to make her feel better about those t shirts that someone was making (Julia Takes It Up The Arse) - and yes, I requested one, but I was joking. I mean, where ELSE could I wear it, besides a Morrissey show? No, I wouldn't stoop that low. I can count on my fingers the times I have been lucky (guess I wasn't ruthless enough) to see him since 1984. But it wasn't as nasty as it is now. Fans were a little more peaceful back then, at least it seemed to me, because it was the *start* of a brilliant time period. No one seemed to know what to make of Morrissey then, (well, here) so no pushing to the front like a tidal wave, no vomit on sweaters, nothing like that. My friend who went to the second Philly show, was totally distraught because she said Moz was talking ONLY to Julia and seemed to be singing just for HER. Of COURSE I am envious of her wealth. I am on disability for being epileptic (make all the jokes you want, ANYONE) and have my small book business. ( make all the jokes you want, I've heard them ALL. I wouldn't wish epilepsy on ANYONE, believe me.) I have heard many urban legends about Julia, that she sleeps outside in dangerous parts of the city he plays in as a ritual of some sort, and I still believe she has anorexia as I did in the early 80's or something worse. Back then, I would drink a cup of coffee, with Splenda, eat a granola bar, go to work loading heavy books and shelving them, and running around the store I was working in (Crown Books, now happily defunct) and for lunch I'd drink two Diet Cokes. When I came limping home at night, I'd have a bowl of tomato soup, two or three crackers, and that was IT. I kept this up for a whole f***ing year, and my body rebelled. I became so thin I couldn't sit down because it hurt my tailbone. I also started losing hair, growing light hair on my arms, and face ( I've forgotten the term for it ) and did not have a period for months. I hope she does not have cancer or any other life threatening disease. I just get a bit insulted and pissed off because Moz pays SO much attention to her. I mean, we love him too! And why should he be chatting with her between songs? It's not the Morrissey and Julia show, it's MORRISSEY. I am saying, if I had the resources, I would certainly see him as much as I could - not as much as Julia, but close. Her feelings toward him are almost stalker like. Well, they have some sort of *understanding* that we will never know about, and life is too short to care. For the record, YES, I am envious of her carte blanche to see Moz whenever she wants, wherever he IS, and the namechecking should stop. It's insulting to the other fans out there- Yes, Morrissey, you have MANY other people out there in the arenas you play who admire you just as much, and you should be glad you have us. For the record, to end this stupid thing, I do not HATE her- but yes, I will say I am envious. Quite a normal emotion to feel in the light of things, don't you think?

> Okay, I shall take back that statement about *getting a room*- he's got
> someone in his life anyway, and I was just angry about this attention he
> gives Julia. I have sat in muddy fields, pushed my way through throngs of
> strong frat boys, and all for naught. I have been thrown up on, trampled,
> (which is hard considering my height.) had all sorts of uncomfortable
> things occur happen while seeing Morrissey. Yes, he should completely stop
> this name checking, and I personally think he was doing it to make her
> feel better about those t shirts that someone was making (Julia Takes It
> Up The Arse) - and yes, I requested one, but I was joking. I mean, where
> ELSE could I wear it, besides a Morrissey show? No, I wouldn't stoop that
> low. I can count on my fingers the times I have been lucky (guess I wasn't
> ruthless enough) to see him since 1984. But it wasn't as nasty as it is
> now. Fans were a little more peaceful back then, at least it seemed to me,
> because it was the *start* of a brilliant time period. No one seemed to
> know what to make of Morrissey then, (well, here) so no pushing to the
> front like a tidal wave, no vomit on sweaters, nothing like that. My
> friend who went to the second Philly show, was totally distraught because
> she said Moz was talking ONLY to Julia and seemed to be singing just for
> HER. Of COURSE I am envious of her wealth. I am on disability for being
> epileptic (make all the jokes you want, ANYONE) and have my small book
> business. ( make all the jokes you want, I've heard them ALL. I wouldn't
> wish epilepsy on ANYONE, believe me.) I have heard many urban legends
> about Julia, that she sleeps outside in dangerous parts of the city he
> plays in as a ritual of some sort, and I still believe she has anorexia as
> I did in the early 80's or something worse. Back then, I would drink a cup
> of coffee, with Splenda, eat a granola bar, go to work loading heavy books
> and shelving them, and running around the store I was working in (Crown
> Books, now happily defunct) and for lunch I'd drink two Diet Cokes. When I
> came limping home at night, I'd have a bowl of tomato soup, two or three
> crackers, and that was IT. I kept this up for a whole f***ing year, and my
> body rebelled. I became so thin I couldn't sit down because it hurt my
> tailbone. I also started losing hair, growing light hair on my arms, and
> face ( I've forgotten the term for it ) and did not have a period for
> months. I hope she does not have cancer or any other life threatening
> disease. I just get a bit insulted and pissed off because Moz pays SO much
> attention to her. I mean, we love him too! And why should he be chatting
> with her between songs? It's not the Morrissey and Julia show, it's
> MORRISSEY. I am saying, if I had the resources, I would certainly see him
> as much as I could - not as much as Julia, but close. Her feelings toward
> him are almost stalker like. Well, they have some sort of *understanding*
> that we will never know about, and life is too short to care. For the
> record, YES, I am envious of her carte blanche to see Moz whenever she
> wants, wherever he IS, and the namechecking should stop. It's insulting to
> the other fans out there- Yes, Morrissey, you have MANY other people out
> there in the arenas you play who admire you just as much, and you should
> be glad you have us. For the record, to end this stupid thing, I do not
> HATE her- but yes, I will say I am envious. Quite a normal emotion to feel
> in the light of things, don't you think?

Colleen I entirely agree with your statements about the name checkng, it is just so futile. As if by now we don't know she's there. I get the impression he is "scared" of her in some way, and feels obliged to acknowledge her presence..SPOOKY!!

How do you know he has someone in his life? I'm not asking you to name names, but judging by previous postings of yours, I presume they are of the male gender?

Regarding the t shirts. She doesn't appear capable of "taking it" from any angle.

Me too, me too! How do you know there's someone?

Also, think about this, because HE does: If he did all of a sudden stop the 'namechecking,' how would Julia react? Would NOT be a pretty sight, folks. Morrissey, our beloved lovelorn loveable loveless Mozzer, knows this. Chow down on that with your granola bar.

oh colleen. she may be richer, but she's not nearly as funny and smart. and i'm jealous of her too, if only because she has the means to see every one of his shows.

this whole moz love thing has become a competition much akin to our "who's a better vegetarian" contest. love is subjective, what does it matter? i've only been listening to the smiths since i was nineish and only about two or three years ago dove into their entire catalogue, nevermind the fact that i've only been into morrissey for about a year. do i love him any less? no, but i have less tenure. respect for an artist differs from person to person. he's an object of lust, this century's lord byron, truely amazing, and he's single handedly getting me through high school. that's what matters, at least to me.

and yeah! who the f*** is this someone he's got? it seems like every few years or so he finds a "someone" (everyone needs a someone!) and then they magically disappear....

Re: I Don't Envy *Julia* - Just Grow Up And Act Like Human Beings, Shall We?

> oh colleen. she may be richer, but she's not nearly as funny and smart.
> and i'm jealous of her too, if only because she has the means to see every
> one of his shows.
Thanks, Caroline. You have the bravery to show who you REALLY are by the way you dress, and that time period that means so very much to you. Hardly anyone here would display your courage and pluck! Dance in the fountain, girl! As for Julia, I am getting rather sick of discussing her. Okay, she's got millions, and spends her life following Mozzer. I thought about this, and I am REALLY not jealous of her. If I had her money, I would buy houses for all of my friends, wherever they wanted, cars for my friends, I'd shower them with gifts and whatever they wanted. Yes, it may come as a BIG surprise to you all, but I DO have friends outside of this site. REAL ONES. GOOD ONES. LOYAL ONES. LOVED ONES. They all display much more maturity than SOME of you ever, ever, HOPE to. Caroline, revel in yourself and who you ARE, think of this: Dotty Parker would cut these imbeciles with one remark and it would be OVER. I think it would be quite a scene, don't you?
Here's one for YOU

Caroline.

THE FLAPPER The playful flapper here we see fairest of the fair. She's not what Grandma used to be- You might say, au contraire Her girlish ways may make a stir Her manners may cause a scene But there is no more harm in her than a submarine.

She nightly knocks for many a goal The usual dancing men Her speed is great, but her control Is something else again All spotlights focus on her pranks All tongues her prowess herald for which she may well tender thanks To God and Scott Fitzgerald.

Her golden rule is plain enough --- Just get them young and treat them rough.

> this whole moz love thing has become a competition much akin to our
> "who's a better vegetarian" contest. love is subjective, what
> does it matter? i've only been listening to the smiths since i was nineish
> and only about two or three years ago dove into their entire catalogue,
> nevermind the fact that i've only been into morrissey for about a year. do
> i love him any less? no, but i have less tenure. respect for an artist
> differs from person to person. he's an object of lust, this century's lord
> byron, truely amazing, and he's single handedly getting me through high
> school. that's what matters, at least to me.
Caroline, remember this if nothing else. His MUSIC is all that matters. Since 1984 I STILL feel the same way. No, now stop with this *tenure* idea, you're much more intelligent than THAT. Morrissey has gotten me through so many things I don't even want to go into. I am so happy for you, that you have discovered him! He is an enigma, an extremely handsome man, (getting handsomer with each passing year, to me). Don't let ANYONE (especially from this site) ruin your pleasure in admiring him and his music. He is so much more than THAT. Can you IMAGINE what it was like for me to hear The Smiths for the very first time? (albeit a crappy cassette, but still). It shocked me, it WOKE ME UP from the banality of the 70's music I was inculcated in....yeah, there WAS Bowie, Queen, Zeppelin, and others. But mostly the 70's were Blue Oyster Cult, KISS (vomit) Judas Priest ( I find it so funny NOW because all the jocks liked them, and the lead singer is gay and they didn't know it haha you wasted pieces of protoplasm) The Smiths & Morrissey woke me up when I was 22. They were ALL I listened to, ALL the time. "VIVA HATE" still resonates with power and cleverness and just damned brilliant music and lyrics. NO one here will disagree, and if they do, they're LYING. Caroline, yes, love IS subjective, and only a small amount of people will be fortunate to come into contact somehow, with Morrissey and his MUSIC. His music is HIM. Don't let ANYONE ruin it for you. I always thought he was quite handsome and I think he is even more attractive now, at 45. He has a *presence* (well, he always had THAT) but this time it's different somehow.. I've NEVER thought of him as someone I would LUST after, he's just too much of an enigma, and I hope he is happy with whoever he is with, male or female. Caroline, ENJOY THIS PART OF YOUR LIFE AND AGAIN, DON'T LET ANYONE TAKE THIS PLEASURE AWAY FROM YOU ( You're very intelligent, and I know you know what I am trying to express ) Goodnight.

Thanks, Colleen. You've helped me with your previous post more than you know. Just when I was letting some of these small-minded people suck the joy that is Morrissey out of me by their mindless posts, you helped. I'm serious, too. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom