Blackpool

B

buttrossbuttross

Does anyone know any good boozers in Blackpool before the gig other than the horrible white trash Burberry clad infested holes that plague the prom??

Never get out these days, got a babysitter and everything, of all the places to find ourselves, ffs!!

Nevermind, a couple of blobs and a twatting in Yates' should set me up for the gig nicely!

The Stanley Beer Engine/The Manchester. Me and olivia will be in one of those for a couple (of cokes for me, im not touching alcohol ever again) before the gig so have a wander in.

MBB321

Don't get me wrong I kind of love Blackpool, but every time I've been out for a drink there it was like Port Stanley 1981! As far as I'm aware the Manchester is 'cutting edge' Blackpool, AVOID!

I'm thinking a quiet beer on the way and early in the bar at the Winter Gardens. Everybody happy!

> Does anyone know any good boozers in Blackpool before the gig other than
> the horrible white trash Burberry clad infested holes that plague the
> prom??

Yes, I do. Just up the road from the Winter Gardens (heading away from the prom) is the Blue Room (formerly the Stanley). It's not a bad pub with a decent selection of ales. It's usually packed though, but the crowd is younger and not oafish. Alternatively, head straight across the road from this pub (Topping Street) alongside the Syndicate nightclub (used to be the ABC cinema). Just down this road on the left you'll find Gillespies, which is ok. The pub next door (can't remember the name) is a rare authentic working man's pub as well. Any of these is better than the drink factories you'll find closer to the centre.

If you're arriving by train and fancy some refreshment, I'd recommend the Ramsden Arms. As you come out of the station, cross the road to the left and head down the hill, back the way that the train line runs. It's down there. The Wheatsheaf on the same stretch of road is ok as well, but a bit of a locals pub (so you might get funny looks if you have a quiff and are wearing NHS spectacles). The Station pub (head out of the railway station and keep walking down towards the prom) is so-so. If you want an "Irish" pub, O'Neills is on the same stretch of road. If you keep going, you'll end up in Talbot Square where Yates, the Counting House etc are. But they're for beered-up day trippers.

TMF

"The Manchester" is an awful place to drink. You must also bear in mind that the "Engerland" fans will be out to watch the match on the telly. So it would be a bad move to go there. Besides it's not that near the venue.

In 1995, we went to the O'Neills Bar before hand. Not a place I would normally go in, but it was close enough. I am hoping to find somewhere a bit better this time.