Blackpool

D

Dicky Davies

Does anyone know of any indie nights or at least any bearable night clubs that will be suitable for September 4th? I really don't want to end up in a dance club that is made to look like the inside of a plane with bar staff dressed as pilots like I did in the early 90's after I saw Moz at the Empress Ballroom. Please help.
Dicky xx

> Does anyone know of any indie nights or at least any bearable night clubs
> that will be suitable for September 4th? I really don't want to end up in
> a dance club that is made to look like the inside of a plane with bar
> staff dressed as pilots like I did in the early 90's after I saw Moz at
> the Empress Ballroom. Please help.
> Dicky xx

There used to be an indie club in Blackpool, it was fair bit of a way out of town.
Blackpool is a shithole so don't get your hopes up.

pic196511.jpg

It really is a disgusting chav hole of a place.> There used to be an indie club in Blackpool, it was fair bit of a way out
> of town.
> Blackpool is a shithole so don't get your hopes up.

> Does anyone know of any indie nights or at least any bearable night clubs
> that will be suitable for September 4th? I really don't want to end up in
> a dance club that is made to look like the inside of a plane with bar
> staff dressed as pilots like I did in the early 90's after I saw Moz at
> the Empress Ballroom. Please help.
> Dicky xx

There IS an indie club night, but it's held on a Friday. However, there's a newish club night on Saturdays that seems to play Motown, Northern Soul, indie and other stuff. I'll post the details in a day or two when the next "weekend" guide comes out in the local paper if you like.

TMF

Do your drinking in the Afternoon beforehand, then after the gig head for the Train Station and get out of town. If you don't you will only regret it in the morning. Blackpool leaves you feeling cheap and dirty!

> There IS an indie club night, but it's held on a Friday. However, there's
> a newish club night on Saturdays that seems to play Motown, Northern Soul,
> indie and other stuff. I'll post the details in a day or two when the next
> "weekend" guide comes out in the local paper if you like.

No, my mistake. That club (above the West Coast cafe) is also held on a Friday. So there's no interest post-gig club entertainment, unless you fancy your everytown chart / dance disco, complete with alcopops and punch-ups.

I'd echo the advice given elsewhere. Run for the nearest train / bus and don't look back.

TMF

Can we all stop dissin my hometown please? there is a place called jenx that tends to play a hell of alot of indie music, it is a bit of a students place tho, and walkabouts plays some, but jenx would be the best bet

Blackpool has a very strange place in all Northerners hearts. It does not mean that we like the place though. Even if we fool ourselves (from childhood memories) that we do, after about 3 hours in the place we soon come round.

> Can we all stop dissin my hometown please? there is a place called jenx
> that tends to play a hell of alot of indie music, it is a bit of a
> students place tho, and walkabouts plays some, but jenx would be the best
> bet

Jenx is a place for 17 year olds who go to Bispham Tech. And it's on a Friday night, so it's not an option when the Morrissey gig is the following evening, is it?

TMF

Thanks.

So it looks like there is bugger all to do afterwards. No surprises there then!

This only leaves the pre-gig drinking! Any idea?