Article: Morrissey cancels Cascais Music Festival (Portugal, July 24, 2012) because of injury to Sol

UPDATE 2:15PM PT:

Link posted by MORRIZSEY:

Press release from Susan Blond regarding Cascais date - true-to-you.net
24 July 2012

Press release from Susan Blond:

We are very sorry to inform that due to an unforeseen injury to Solomon Walker's back, Morrissey will not be able to perform at Cascais Music Festival tonight. Solomon Walker is the bass player and a central part of the band and it's impossible to do the concert without him.

We would like to apologise to all our fans who had bought tickets to see us but we promise we'll be back soon. Ticket refunds are available from the ticket vendor.

It looks as though the Portugal gig is cancelled. :(

Morrissey cancela concerto em Cascais - DN.pt

Thanks to Kevlarsoul at AYNIM for alerting us (original post).

Google Translate version of above article:

Due to a muscle injury bassist, Morrissey's concert tonight has been cancelled. "We regret that due to a muscle injury in the back of Soloman Walker, Morrissey concert in Cascais Music Festival was canceled. Soloman Walker Morrissey's bassist and a core part of the band, so it is impossible to hold the concert without him", said the statement released today by promoter Everything is New.

The former Smiths frontman was playing tonight at the Hippodrome Manuel Possolo in Cascais, and this concert would mark his return to Portugal six years after having spent the Paredes de Coura Festival.

The British musician apologizes to all fans who bought tickets and promises to return to Portugal soon. Those fans who bought ticket should go to the respective place of purchase to receive the refund within 30 days, starting with the date of the event.​

Paulo also writes:

Morrissey Cascais was canceled
back injury of Solomon Walker
Morrissey promises to come back a.s.a.p. to Portugal

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Cascais Music Festival (Portugal, July 24, 2012) becau

I work in the medical field....a torn muscle can take a couple of weeks to heal depending on the extent of the injury and if the injured person actually gives it time to heal and follows doctors orders to rest, a bit hard if you are on the road like Solomon has been. Back injuries are tricky and are a common complaint in a doctors office. I wish Solomon the BEST and hope for a speedy recovery!

Well, I certainly hope it isn't anything more than a pulled muscle... :\ I've had a back injury before and know how painful it can be. Poor Solomon.

Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Cascais Music Festival (Portugal, July 24, 2012) becau

Any danger of this effecting Manchester? If so I will scream.

First cancellation of the tour. How many more...?

1 for sure , Pit[t]sburgh:lbf:

Serious [a sif], lot's here had the cancel problem

a back injury is serious, I hope Solomon will be able to play the 2 Brittish gigs, after that
he has some time to rest till the USA tour

First cancellation of the tour. How many more...?

Could you have come up with a more predictable comment - probably not. By your own admission - first cancellation of the tour. The record of this tour has been excellent - why do the doom-and-gloom merchants like you always have to get your spoke in.

Pointless and useless.

xx

By the way, those fecking image verification things are getting harder to read. Another useless and pointless thing in life.

xxxxx

Last edited:

Saturday is not sold out, you can barley give tickets away. I have been trying to sell two for half the face value, but with no takers. There will be a lot of people on free tickets this Saturday to fill the place up.

Saturday night, the middle of Summer, in Manchester, his only English date of the year and with a capacity of 20,000 and he does not sell it out? Don't expect the new record soon because he will not be offered a record contract worth pissing on.

The new songs are average and the set lists are boring and he will not come back from this. What the Manchester sales have shown him and us is that there are less than 20,000 people now interested in seeing him live in England. I just hope he does not fall back on finally reforming The Smiths, which would ruin everything.

He can only blame himself for all of this.

if he plays manchester and edinb. why hasn`t it forwarded till say august 1, 2 or 3? many ? !

This cancelation was very frustrating for Portuguese fans. Still, I laughed my ass off when I saw this in the morning. Morrissey should have played in Cascais in the same night as Bon Iver was playing in Lisbon (distance: 30 km). And some guy mistook Morrissey for Bon Iver (yes, you read it right) on video. This is beyond mega-fail.

http://youtu.be/qPaTXlDkmD4

Well, I certainly hope it isn't anything more than a pulled muscle... :\ I've had a back injury before and know how painful it can be. Poor Solomon.

Me too! The lack of empathy in this thread is disheartening! The man was injured. Of course, ala Morrissey, we are not given any real details which is frustrating. I think it would help if a bit more detail had been written into the statement. What's the big secret? That Solomon is human and can be injured? Even if he lifted something improperly or hurt himself during a work out, shit happens. I've done it myself and tweaked my lower back or pulled a muscle under my shoulder blade. I think more understanding would have been forthcoming had a little more detail been given. I'm not asking for access to his medical records for heavens sake!

Maybe someone who has a twitter account can ask susan blond on twitter if the manchester date is still on?
Hope thats the same susan?
http://twitter.com/SusanBlond/

Saturday is not sold out, you can barley give tickets away. I have been trying to sell two for half the face value, but with no takers. There will be a lot of people on free tickets this Saturday to fill the place up.

Saturday night, the middle of Summer, in Manchester, his only English date of the year and with a capacity of 20,000 and he does not sell it out? Don't expect the new record soon because he will not be offered a record contract worth pissing on.

The new songs are average and the set lists are boring and he will not come back from this. What the Manchester sales have shown him and us is that there are less than 20,000 people now interested in seeing him live in England. I just hope he does not fall back on finally reforming The Smiths, which would ruin everything.

You're a tool mate there are plenty of huge fans out there you're clearly not one of them, stop trying to ruin it for everyone else

This cancelation was very frustrating for Portuguese fans. Still, I laughed my ass off when I saw this in the morning. Morrissey should have played in Cascais in the same night as Bon Iver was playing in Lisbon (distance: 30 km). And some guy mistook Morrissey for Bon Iver (yes, you read it right) on video. This is beyond mega-fail.

irony and sarcasm, anyone?

Any danger of this effecting Manchester? If so I will scream.

I hope so, maybe it would give him time to re-think the set lists and maybe attract the missing hordes from recent tours.

Ummm... I don't know, maybe because it's Portugal, there might not be a competent basist to just plug in for the night. But, I would bet that in London, Manchester, LA, or NY, that there are any number of Morrissey/Smiths cover bands with musicians good enough and familiar enough with the music to step in for the night. Generally I'd say that this is just Morrissey handing it to the paying customers again.

Obviously, a comment of someone who has never left the stinky neighborhood he leaves in and hasn't a clue of what the world is like outside.

I am feeling very sad, but life goes on...

In fact, those news about the cancellation reveal us that LIFE IS A PIGSTY ! AND IF YOU DON´T KNOW THIS, THEN WHAT DO YOU KNOW ?

"That's How People Screw Up"

Look at his description:

This is a song from a great Morrissey performance in Lisbon, July 24th. I had to choose between him and Bon Iver, who was playing elsewhere in the city that same night. Sorry about the shaking, it was my first video on the iPhone. Thank you for watching, commenting and sharing the love for a great artist. Thank you, Morrissey! We'll never forget!

HAAHAHHAhaahahha

so theres 1.000 tickets left or 10.000 ? :O i thought it was sold out..cause im comin from greece which means that if i travel all this way for the manchester gig there would be at least another 19.999 from england going to see him if he is one train away.. :p

He didn't come because it didn't sold-out. There were still 1200 out of 2500, he always likes a full house. I guess he was put out by that, but you know people in portugal don't really have an interest in music.

what?????? are u out of your mind???!! why do you say that we dont have an interest in music??? based in what??
pfffff...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom