Article: Morrissey cancels Cascais Music Festival (Portugal, July 24, 2012) because of injury to Sol

UPDATE 2:15PM PT:

Link posted by MORRIZSEY:

Press release from Susan Blond regarding Cascais date - true-to-you.net
24 July 2012

Press release from Susan Blond:

We are very sorry to inform that due to an unforeseen injury to Solomon Walker's back, Morrissey will not be able to perform at Cascais Music Festival tonight. Solomon Walker is the bass player and a central part of the band and it's impossible to do the concert without him.

We would like to apologise to all our fans who had bought tickets to see us but we promise we'll be back soon. Ticket refunds are available from the ticket vendor.

It looks as though the Portugal gig is cancelled. :(

Morrissey cancela concerto em Cascais - DN.pt

Thanks to Kevlarsoul at AYNIM for alerting us (original post).

Google Translate version of above article:

Due to a muscle injury bassist, Morrissey's concert tonight has been cancelled. "We regret that due to a muscle injury in the back of Soloman Walker, Morrissey concert in Cascais Music Festival was canceled. Soloman Walker Morrissey's bassist and a core part of the band, so it is impossible to hold the concert without him", said the statement released today by promoter Everything is New.

The former Smiths frontman was playing tonight at the Hippodrome Manuel Possolo in Cascais, and this concert would mark his return to Portugal six years after having spent the Paredes de Coura Festival.

The British musician apologizes to all fans who bought tickets and promises to return to Portugal soon. Those fans who bought ticket should go to the respective place of purchase to receive the refund within 30 days, starting with the date of the event.​

Paulo also writes:

Morrissey Cascais was canceled
back injury of Solomon Walker
Morrissey promises to come back a.s.a.p. to Portugal

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Cascais Music Festival (Portugal, July 24, 2012) becau

Stick to scalping Madonna and Elton tickets, you f'n wanker

You obviously misunderstand. I will refrain from attacking you back because I think this is the case here. I bought two tickets and I do not wish to go to the show, the reson entirely to do with the repetitive set lists. I am now trying to sell these tickets for under half of what I paid for them. So £45.00 tickets at £20.00 each.

So nobody is being 'scalped' I am the one out of pocket. No apology necessary, just read things back to yourself before attacking people in the future.

Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Cascais Music Festival (Portugal, July 24, 2012) becau

ooohhh Gary Day Gary Day Gary Day !!!???

He didn't come because it didn't sold-out. There were still 1200 out of 2500, he always likes a full house. I guess he was put out by that, but you know people in portugal don't really have an interest in music.

So you know Portugal and Portuguese people that well hey? Keep that so called "inteligence" to yourself love, it's not even debatable. Or better yet go to Portugal and spend some time there over the Summer, and while you're there why not take the opportunity to go to s few of the best festivals and music events in Europe. Oh... by the way, most of the festivals sell out early... so buy your tickets early.

Here's just a few:

http://www.optimusalive.com/en/lineup

http://rockinriolisboa.sapo.pt/cartaz-rock-in-rio-lisboa-2012

http://www.superbocksuperrock.pt/sbsr/en/18-sbsr-meco.aspx

http://www.swtmn.com/cartaz-2012/

Morrissey used the excuse that Soloman's back was injured and canceled, when in fact he could not tear himself away from the beach in Tel Aviv. I think it is so unfair to his fans that traveled far, according to my old boyfriend that works on the beach, he saw his security and another guy with tattoos, catching a tan with Morrissey!! He does not even care.

Morrissey used the excuse that Soloman's back was injured and canceled, when in fact he could not tear himself away from the beach in Tel Aviv. I think it is so unfair to his fans that traveled far, according to my old boyfriend that works on the beach, he saw his security and another guy with tattoos, catching a tan with Morrissey!! He does not even care.

Last edited by a moderator:
"we promise we'll be back soon" How soon is now? Hope is very soon the return

I went to Cascais from Barcelona just for the concert, I spent my savings on the plane, the train, the tickets and the hotel, and it got cancelled. It's so unfair, it was my first Morrissey gig and I was so excited. I'm so disappointed now. I'm a vegan and I respected him so much but now I don't know what to think about him. The funny thing is I passed on a Bon Iver concert to see Morrissey and now I have nothing, no Morrissey and no Bon Iver. I have my refund for the tickets already but I want more explanations, the fans deserve to be treated better!!!

Hope the gig is still on Manchester tomorrow have been waiting for this for ages, had a nightmare at the Echo arena, a brill time in Dunoon and hopefully tomorrow will eclipse the Dunoon gig.....will take a lot tho!!

This cancelation was very frustrating for Portuguese fans. Still, I laughed my ass off when I saw this in the morning. Morrissey should have played in Cascais in the same night as Bon Iver was playing in Lisbon (distance: 30 km). And some guy mistook Morrissey for Bon Iver (yes, you read it right) on video. This is beyond mega-fail.

http://youtu.be/qPaTXlDkmD4

Even funnier how you missed the irony....

Ummm... I don't know, maybe because it's Portugal, there might not be a competent basist to just plug in for the night. But, I would bet that in London, Manchester, LA, or NY, that there are any number of Morrissey/Smiths cover bands with musicians good enough and familiar enough with the music to step in for the night. Generally I'd say that this is just Morrissey handing it to the paying customers again. I mean it's not like Mick has to soldier on without Keith for the night, and I'm sure you can find a basist most nights, no matter how integral a part of the band your basist happens to be. But, given that it's a somewhat exotic location, and it might be difficult to bring someone on at short notice, I can give Morrissey a pass on this one. As for Solomon; speedy recovery and feel better soon.

I do hope he never comes to Portugal again cos if he does I'll do whatever necessary to encourage people not to buy the tickets. He's vile and disrespectful.
And Barbara, Up yours dahling.

I love it when he blames a cancellation on a band member when in all likelihood he just wanted an extended few days off. Just like when Boz had visa trouble last year and the band all had the flu in Miami a few years back.

Unless you have any administrative or medical proof that states otherwise, shut up and quit complaining.

I went to Cascais from Barcelona just for the concert, I spent my savings on the plane, the train, the tickets and the hotel, and it got cancelled. It's so unfair, it was my first Morrissey gig and I was so excited. I'm so disappointed now. I'm a vegan and I respected him so much but now I don't know what to think about him. The funny thing is I passed on a Bon Iver concert to see Morrissey and now I have nothing, no Morrissey and no Bon Iver. I have my refund for the tickets already but I want more explanations, the fans deserve to be treated better!!!

Demand more explanations! X-rays! Signed affidavits by the doctors! Filmed documentation! Notes from his mother! Indicium aquae! We will not be satisfied!

Prediction:

Matt Walker quit the band.

Solomon Walker is maneuvering to leave it.

(He ain't stayin' if Matt isn't there).

Morrissey, f.o. You cannot do this all your fans coming from everywhere. I wish you the worst

Prediction:

Matt Walker quit the band.

Solomon Walker is maneuvering to leave it.

(He ain't stayin' if Matt isn't there).

Do you have to work where your brother works?

If it's true and only half the tickets sold it obvious he has cancelled and wants the band to be fresh for Manchester and Edinburgh, these are more important concerts

It´s not true. There were only 1/3 of the tickets for sale the day before the show.

Morrisey teve foi uma falta de respeito por todos os fans que adequeriram bilhete para cascais. A doença subida foi so terça pois ontem em manchester estava tudo bem. Historia esteve muita mal contada

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom