Alain Whyte's new MySpace Music page

here's the deal...

everyone should try to give the band some respect. Give Alain some respect by not speculating on his personal issues. Whatever is happening no one except Alain and Morrissey probably really know, and both of them have given us some great moments, so maybe we should just let them work it out the best they can. It can't be easy but they've reached an agreement and have a working relationship. That's a lot more than most people, let alone rockstars, can manage.

give Morrissey some respect by allowing him to choose his bandmates/cowriters as he chooses. He's picked a few good ones now and then. ;)

I think Alain's new songs sound pretty good and would love to hear Morrissey sing on them. I think most of us have some affection for Alain, and would love to see him playing again. But if not, Morrissey's band sounded great to me last year.

I also wanted to say that there is a long tradition of pop singers using one group in the studio and taking another on the road. Rock bands don't really do this. There is some value in having the songwriter play the part, but a song is not a fixed thing. It's more like a recipe, and the cake is a little different each time. Having Alain write and play in the studio makes sense in a way, but having the band that will play the songs live shape the songs in the studio also makes sense.

After a few years with Jesse, maybe (speculation alert) Morrissey feels that it's disrespectful to use him as the live guitarist but not use him in the studio. Maybe that's totally off base.

It could be band politics, it could be about money, or it could be an artistic decision. Whatever it is I think that we're lucky that they work it out and keep recording and touring.

It's not like we shouldn't talk about it, but it would be nice if it was done with more respect, just in case any of them care what we think or write here.

I know what you mean. I lament constantly for the old gang to come back but I guess I better get over it. I was luck to see Alain, Boz and Gaz albeit with that tosser Dean Butterworth on stage here in OZ in 02 and it seemed like Alain would never leave.

whats wrong with dean , i have met him a few times and he is a nice bloke , the only reason he didnt stay working with morrisseys band was that he got an offer to play in a band that gave him a more creative role , he had previously worked with a few bands on the side of his morrissey work as well

perhaps alain whytes departure influenced it as well

I don't think I said that, sir, you're paraphrasing me horribly. I said I was disappointed to see Just Like Honey on a commercial. It's hardly the same thing. Who am I to stop people making a living? A mere speck.

Peter

I'll answer on that thread to keep this one from being derailed.

If you stop using too many commas (,,,) your post look better. :p

Who the f***...,.,.,#$ cares,,,, ?! This is a music forum, not English class///or even Grammar instruction.

whats wrong with dean , i have met him a few times and he is a nice bloke , the only reason he didnt stay working with morrisseys band was that he got an offer to play in a band that gave him a more creative role...

Good Charlotte! LMAO!! Jesus, he sorta looks outta place there:

610x.jpg

Good Charlotte! LMAO!! Jesus, he sorta looks outta place there:

610x.jpg

Yeah but I bet the paycheck doesn't look outta place in his bank account! LOL.

I think Morrissey learnt his lesson with losing Marr and decided not to let it happen again with Alain. Whatever happened it was a good move to keep Alain involved with song writing.

Check out the new song added, Sideways. Oh my goodness - Morrissey missed out on a GREAT one here. Just a gorgeous melody.

Have you ever listened to The Durutti Column? "Sideways", especially the intro, sounds like something Vini Reilly would have written. Just thought I'd add that :)

And yes, I love it too.

There's another called 'Falling For You', if anybody is interested. 'It Was You' which is a little less new is just Alain re-writing 'Everyday Is Like Sunday'. :p

Wow, after listening to the songs on his MySpace I'm reminded of how much I used to love the music of a Morrissey song....

Alain's writing is soooo much more melodic and deeply layered than the other cowriters.

I could listen to the songs with no vocals and my senses would still be pleased.

Please Morrissey - rely on Alain again - that rhymed :)

Back
Top Bottom