Alain? In or out? Or is it none of our business?

F

freeyourself

Even though the LMKY B-sides were written by Alain & Moz, the fact that Jesse, not Alain, played guitar on them would suggest to me, finally, that Alain is officially out of the band.

Whatever 'illness' Alain is supposed to have that prohibits him from playing live, surely he'd have been capable of playing in the studio IF called upon.

Why the big mystery anyway? Is he in or out?

We should be told, if only out of common courtesy.

Although, as we have seen only too often from Morrissey's current 'people' recently, regarding gigs being announced one at a time, extra tracks being spread over several formats, including a 'Platinum Edition' of YATQ, dates being cancelled at the last minute, no explanation given regarding the KROQ fiasco...ad infinitum....it seems that courtesy is far from common.

Well, to be honest, I don't think courtesy has EVER been the strong point with Moz. Let's face it, gigs being cancelled in the 11th hour etc has being going on since '91.

However, I do believe that Alain is still in the band. There have been a few rumours that he'll be back for Earls Court.

Not that it matters, but I do really hope so...Alains my favourite (after the obvious)

And as to his position, well I don't believe we'll ever get a frank and honest answer, it's always just been a matter of "wait and see" with Moz hasn't it?...

> Even though the LMKY B-sides were written by Alain & Moz, the fact
> that Jesse, not Alain, played guitar on them would suggest to me, finally,
> that Alain is officially out of the band.

> Whatever 'illness' Alain is supposed to have that prohibits him from
> playing live, surely he'd have been capable of playing in the studio IF
> called upon.

> Why the big mystery anyway? Is he in or out?

> We should be told, if only out of common courtesy.

> Although, as we have seen only too often from Morrissey's current 'people'
> recently, regarding gigs being announced one at a time, extra tracks being
> spread over several formats, including a 'Platinum Edition' of YATQ, dates
> being cancelled at the last minute, no explanation given regarding the
> KROQ fiasco...ad infinitum....it seems that courtesy is far from common.

it's been left up to him ,the only rason noone is saying anything is out of respect for Alain ,whatever you may think Moz and Alain are great friends and will remain so forever ,Alain will come back when he's fully recovered ,he knows people care about him ,i suspect Moz is getting fed up with all the conspiracy theories but there's nothing he can do to ovoid it ,it's a personal issue that should remain personal.hope this answers your question

> it's been left up to him ,the only rason noone is saying anything is out
> of respect for Alain ,whatever you may think Moz and Alain are great
> friends and will remain so forever ,Alain will come back when he's fully
> recovered ,he knows people care about him ,i suspect Moz is getting fed up
> with all the conspiracy theories but there's nothing he can do to ovoid it
> ,it's a personal issue that should remain personal.hope this answers your
> question

I agree wholeheartedly. I do believe that after the collaberation of so many years, Alain will be the one who decides. It's obviously a matter of a very personal nature, and he is being left to get on with that (and rightly so).

Only time will tell...Fingers crossed.

> I agree wholeheartedly. I do believe that after the collaberation of so
> many years, Alain will be the one who decides. It's obviously a matter of
> a very personal nature, and he is being left to get on with that (and
> rightly so).

> Only time will tell...Fingers crossed.

Having been in bands for most of my adult life, it's really VERY odd for a band member NOT to play on studio recordings, ESPECIALLY when they wrote the music. Unheard of in my experience.

Unless of course, THEY'VE LEFT THE BAND.

Of course, I understand that ultimately, the reason for Alain's absence is between Morrissey & him, but still...WHAT'S THE BIG f***ING MYSTERY!!!

I'd be happier if Morrissey just came out & said "look, it's none of your f***ing business alright!!" Which I suppose he is doing, in a roundabout way...

Actually, I've yet to see or hear anyone ask him about Alain in an interview...Do you think it's on the list of things he won't discuss?

It seems that who Morrissey has in his band is academic & of very little interest to most people, which is highly disrespectful, given that Alain has co-written most of Morrissey's solo material & been by his side for 13/14 years.

Anyway, I personally hope he's OK & comes back soon.

I don't think Morrissey has given an interview since Alain got ill, so no one has had the chance to ask him.

I'd guess that Alain probably doesn't want people to know too much, so the rest of the band are respecting his wishes.

> I don't think Morrissey has given an interview since Alain got ill, so no
> one has had the chance to ask him.

> I'd guess that Alain probably doesn't want people to know too much, so the
> rest of the band are respecting his wishes.

WELL I WANT TO KNOW & I COULDN'T GIVE TWO f***S WHAT ALAIN'S WISHES ARE(even though I respect them & everything.....) I STILL f***ING WANT TO KNOW!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

> You're a bit of a cock aren't you?

And you sir, should have been shook to death as a baby.

Or savagely beaten & strangled by paedophiles.

f***wit.

what in the name of arse is wrong with you now freeyourself

> And you sir, should have been shook to death as a baby.

> Or savagely beaten & strangled by paedophiles.

> f***wit.

learn to controle your temper

Re: what in the name of arse is wrong with you now freeyourself

> learn to controle your temper

Ask Pablo Pineapple face.

> Even though the LMKY B-sides were written by Alain & Moz, the fact
> that Jesse, not Alain, played guitar on them would suggest to me, finally,
> that Alain is officially out of the band.

> Whatever 'illness' Alain is supposed to have that prohibits him from
> playing live, surely he'd have been capable of playing in the studio IF
> called upon.

> Why the big mystery anyway? Is he in or out?

> We should be told, if only out of common courtesy.

> Although, as we have seen only too often from Morrissey's current 'people'
> recently, regarding gigs being announced one at a time, extra tracks being
> spread over several formats, including a 'Platinum Edition' of YATQ, dates
> being cancelled at the last minute, no explanation given regarding the
> KROQ fiasco...ad infinitum....it seems that courtesy is far from common. freeyourself, I also do not understand this Alain mystery. I certainly do not believe he's ill, or has a drug problem, etc. There WERE some pics posted of the guys playing football in Hyde Park not too long ago, and Alain looked healthy and fine to me. No offense to Jesse, but he is no Alain Whyte.

Well said re Jesse.I was at the last gig Alain played however and apart from the fact he had a dodgy new haircut I could'nt help noticing he wasn't his usual self also he had lost a lot of weight.I also think that the silence regarding his absence does give rise to controversy .Personally I dont need to know what the problem is,I just hope he does come back but it is strange that he didn't make it into studio for the recording of the single.I suppose only time will tell though.