Morrissey Central "A RUSH AND A PUSH AND THE MUSIC IS OURS" (April 19, 2024)

c4409c14d2e0c1a75462b212cf1845a1d9b6d4d9.jpg

Morrissey has paid the exit fee to Capitol Records in order to return both WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS albums back to him.
"It's been a long, hard, bloody war. Few would make it out alive, and … I'm no exception," he has commented.
Morrissey remains unsigned.

1B2BFCEC-20AA-4738-B5DC-F134BF1C8207.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The artists makes the art.
The record company handles the business.
Capitol couldn't handle the business.
Every problem has a solution, but the only
solution Capitol could come up with was to
ask for the money from Moz.
Incorrect. They offered to re-record Mileys vocals with another artist that was contractually available - Morrissey refused. It was entirely due to his behaviour that the album wasn't released by Capitol.

Good news I guess but the main problem remains.
He's expecting a deal that an artist whose albums sell 50,000-100,000 would be offered (as was the case for him for virtually his entire post Smiths output).
If there remains practically zero support from radio for his new songs (as has been the case since 2019), he will struggle to sell 10,000.
Bands can sell 10,000 out of their van while on tour. Who would be dumb enough to give him money to sell 10,000 albums?

Incorrect. They offered to re-record Mileys vocals with another artist that was contractually available - Morrissey refused. It was entirely due to his behaviour that the album wasn't released by Capitol.
I really don't know why more people aren't capable of grasping this. Or why some simply refuse to admit it.

Morrissey wants us to believe that he is the unluckiest man in the world in that he just happens to keep encountering intransigent record labels, greedy band members and that every single journalist he speaks to is incapable of reporting his words accurately.

The truth is that he is the problem. Maybe not always, but probably in about 90% of the cases.

He has a persecution complex the size of the moon. He demands that record companies must flock to him and beg for his signature, as if he still has the same relevancy and goodwill in 2024 as he did in 1988 or 1994.

Time moves on. But he doesn't.

He has an uncanny knack of engineering controversy and drama when it isn't warranted. And when he gets a bit of push back due to his behaviour, he goes into full deflection, woe is me mode.

His last few albums have sold poorly. His touring reputation is in the gutter due to all the no shows. His name is mud within the industry largely because of the - ahem - truculent attitude he displays when dealing with labels and managers.

Why would anyone wish to sign Morrissey right now?

Last edited:
Happy that Moz has taken back his albums. Here's hoping they get released properly, even if it is self-released. The concert fans would lap them up at the merch bar. Why kowtow to braindead record labels?

Coincidence that Michelle Jubelirer leaves Capitol and Morrissey soon after gets his albums back?

Seems she really may have been the roadblock
to getting those albums back earlier. That’s what it looks like, though, I guess we’ll never know.

Michelle, my hell … ;)

He’s surely no further on? The Bonfire album still has a problematic track, which he’s said he won’t re-record? So it’s a still liability which record companies won’t want.

And World Peace is still readily available for £2.50 plus postage on EBay.

And if he’s paid to own World Peace he’s definitely been fleeced, as I’m sure he boasted he owned the rights a few years ago. Did they throw in a bridge, too?

View attachment 103525

Morrissey has paid the exit fee to Capitol Records in order to return both WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS albums back to him.
"It's been a long, hard, bloody war. Few would make it out alive, and … I'm no exception," he has commented.
Morrissey remains unsigned.

View attachment 103523
Wow I check the website in ages and find these news.

Wonderful, amazing, I’m very exited 🥰

I really don't know why more people aren't capable of grasping this. Or why some simply refuse to admit it.

Morrissey wants us to believe that he is the unluckiest man in the world in that he just happens to keep encountering intransigent record labels, greedy band members and that every single journalist he speaks to is incapable of reporting his words accurately.

The truth is that he is the problem. Maybe not always, but probably in about 90% of the cases.

He has a persecution complex the size of the moon. He demands that record companies must flock to him and beg for his signature, as if he still has the same relevancy and goodwill in 2024 as he did in 1988 or 1994.

Time moves on. But he doesn't.

He has an uncanny knack of engineering controversy and drama when it isn't warranted. And when he gets a bit of push back due to his behaviour, he goes into full deflection, woe is me mode.

His last few albums have sold poorly. His touring reputation is in the gutter due to all the no shows. His name is mud within the industry largely because of the - ahem - truculent attitude he displays when dealing with labels and managers.

Why would anyone wish to sign Morrissey right now?

Morrissey surely wouldn’t, he knows him all too well. ;)

And if he’s paid to own World Peace he’s definitely been fleeced, as I’m sure he boasted he owned the rights a few years ago. Did they throw in a bridge, too?
I believe the assumption that he 'owned' the rights came from the media at the time calling Étienne his own label with regards to the reissue of the album (which was actually BMG in reality).
Harvest Records is owned by Capitol and that's probably how they had 'ownership' after the mess that ensued.
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom