7" singles re-release

vivabob

Ordinary Boy
According to the HMV website the smiths singles were supposed to be re-released , starting from yesterday with hand in glove and this charming man were due out

I placed an order on HMV.com so i expected them to be delivered yesterday , i checked my order this morning ad they have not been sent out

have they been released , have they been delayed or have they went out of stock and HMV have not sent me my order (swines) ?

Can someone in the know fill me in

The release dates are also confirmed on the rhino.co.uk website
http://www.rhino.co.uk/news-community,the-smiths-singled-out_64.htm

Last edited:
I wondered about this too. I went into HMV in Oxford Street yesterday and didn't see a Smiths 7" anywhere. I asked someone who worked there and on their computer the only Smiths releases was the different versions of The Sound of the Smiths. Their website still lists them though. Strange.

It probably did me a favour as I've already pre-ordered the box set.

I ordered them all from Amazon UK and have an expected delivery date of Dec. 16... However I do live way across the pond...

According to the HMV website the smiths singles were supposed to be re-released , starting from yesterday with hand in glove and this charming man were due out

I placed an order on HMV.com so i expected them to be delivered yesterday , i checked my order this morning ad they have not been sent out

have they been released , have they been delayed or have they went out of stock and HMV have not sent me my order (swines) ?

Can someone in the know fill me in

The release dates are also confirmed on the rhino.co.uk website
http://www.rhino.co.uk/news-community,the-smiths-singled-out_64.htm

I was under the impression that ALL of the "7 inch singles" were to be released all @ once(at least here in the states anyways) in a box set with some rare artwork/pic sleeves, or am I wrong? I believe the info and pic of the box set were given on the main page?

I was under the impression that ALL of the "7 inch singles" were to be released all @ once(at least here in the states anyways) in a box set with some rare artwork/pic sleeves, or am I wrong? I believe the info and pic of the box set were given on the main page?

they are releasing them in the box set and as individual singles in the uk

check the www.rhino.co.uk website for info

HMV got plenty of Hand in Glove and This Charming Man on hand, but I did not see them in the store today. I don't get it.

Yesterday I sent an email to Rhino, after reading my order status which was "awaiting stock"

This is the answer:

We thank you for your email. We can advise that the box set that you have ordered is not due to be released until the 17/11/08, so you order will be despatched after that date. We thank you for your custom. Regards Customer Services Rhino

Yesterday I sent an email to Rhino, after reading my order status which was "awaiting stock"

This is the answer:

We thank you for your email. We can advise that the box set that you have ordered is not due to be released until the 17/11/08, so you order will be despatched after that date. We thank you for your custom. Regards Customer Services Rhino

I'm afraid you posted wrong thread, V.

Bob is asking about each 7 inch re-release, not 7 inch box set.

Earlier Cowshed or Maurice_E tipped about 7 inch release from HMV website.

Last edited:
I didn't see them in HMV but they did have them in Fopp.

cheers lucy i checked it out today in glasgow and fopp had loads of both

this charming man has been put back to the 17th according to the HMV website

So i have no idea what is going on here , i think i will be cancelling my order here and buying from fopp

i have already ordered the box set but am buying them just to have them
if anyone else is doing the same and has concerns let me know

HMV in Edinburgh yesterday had about half a dozen of each title, after spending about 10 minutes touring the shop to try and find where any actual singles were :(
Quite cute releases, even down to the replication of the original etchings on the run-out grooves. :)

HMV in Edinburgh yesterday had about half a dozen of each title, after spending about 10 minutes touring the shop to try and find where any actual singles were :(
Quite cute releases, even down to the replication of the original etchings on the run-out grooves. :)

It's terrible there's only a tiny section at the back for singles now downstairs is some Games thing. I was in on Tuesday and Thrusday and there was none.

Back
Top Bottom