2011 Tour

nice one Joe

True To You quite clearly says:

"Tickets go onsale on Monday 14th March for the following Morrissey concerts"

Surely they're right?

They better be, as i've taken Monday morning off work :mad:.

I phoned Barbican York, they told me they were not sure, think it might be Friday 18th, Gigs and Tours said Friday 18th as well, bloody typical ticket fiasco.

True To You quite clearly says:

"Tickets go onsale on Monday 14th March for the following Morrissey concerts"

Surely they're right?

I dont think it will be monday now as no ticket sellers have it listed. No chance to promote via emails if it was monday
They better be, as i've taken Monday morning off work :mad:.

doubt its going to be monday now

I can't possibly think why true to you and other sites would say Monday, if it was Friday. f***ing farcical if it ends up being Friday.

I can't possibly think why true to you and other sites would say Monday, if it was Friday. f***ing farcical if it ends up being Friday.

Maybe they wanted all the dates to go on sale together, and once they realised Cheltenham was untenable, they were worried about not finding a replacement venue in time? Although obviously one has now been found.

Is there a particular reason why he is playing such obscure locations for this tour?

he always plays unusual venues. he has played Whitehaven, Paisley, Hartlepool, Kings Lynn, Motherwell, Petaluma, Sparks, Kalamazoo and countless other places. It's absolutely to his credit.

It would be a much bigger surprise if the tour consisted of Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham and London

Dunoon isn't even that unusual - Belle and Sebastian, Blur and Glasvegas have all played there

On the Alhambra website it say's tickets on sale 18/3/11 So Monday is looking doubtful.

Can someone please tell Julia (or Morrissey - and if you've got his email, please pass it along to me :) ) it's Hawick Town Hall, not City Hall?

"once a substitute venue has been found then these shall constitute the only Morrissey concerts in the UK for this year."
So no London or Manchester in 2011....really ?

Just rang the Barbican in York. The bloke there didn't know when tickets were going on sale which would seem to indicate that it won't be Monday. I'm hoping so as I am working Monday but have Friday off.

I think an Irish date or two can be expected?

Maybe they wanted all the dates to go on sale together, and once they realised Cheltenham was untenable, they were worried about not finding a replacement venue in time? Although obviously one has now been found.

Yep, and TTY was updated yesterday with the Plymouth info, so surely they would have changed the ticket sales info as well, had that changed?

It still says Monday. Not as if it would take much effort/time to change it.

We shall see.

Yep, and TTY was updated yesterday with the Plymouth info, so surely they would have changed the ticket sales info as well, had that changed?

It still says Monday. Not as if it would take much effort/time to change it.

We shall see.

that is what I keep thinking, instead of keeping fans in the lurch, if it is Friday why not just change the date its not hassle, and then it saves us lot debating about it for hours on end on here.
Surely someone, whether that be the promoters/moz himself must know by now about this confusion, it is turning into a bit of a farce

and just spoke to bradford st george's hall...they dont know when they go on sale?? just told to keep trying next week!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom