Where exactly in Stretford is the iron bridge?

You should invest in the book 'Morrissey's Manchester' :)

If you go by tram you get off at the tram station and walk down the road, then i think you turn left on to Kings Road and it's this massive road that seemed to go on for ever when we walked down it hungover in the freezing cold. So you walk down the street quite a bit and its on your left hand side between some shops I think.

But isn't that line nicked from Vivian Nicholson's book anyway, so the chances are Morrissey didn't mean the bridge in Stretford anyway? :D

But isn't that line nicked from Vivian Nicholson's book anyway, so the chances are Morrissey didn't mean the bridge in Stretford anyway? :D

If it came from Vivian Nicholson's book, where the exact location could be? :confused:

Several of the photos in the Morrissey frink thread show the man himself posed in front of an iron bridge labeled "Trafford Road Bridge". So I'd look on Trafford Rd! If in fact that's the very bridge that he wrote about, and not just some old random bridge...

Well 'Morrissey's Manchester' (a very reliable source) says that The Iron Bridge is the one off Kings Road. Because his school used to be across it and he used to walk across it to get there.

Back
Top Bottom