What Morrissey song(s) embarass you?

Let's see... "King Leer", he may be the greatest lyricist alive, but everybody has an off day sometimes. Oh, and the exploding testicles imagery from "Dear God Please Help Me" is a tad disquieting but at least it's a much better song.

King Leer is genius, if you know what he's talking about in the song, and if you know anything about cruising streets lol. ;-)
Love this song, always puts me in a good mood.

I concur

I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero now is really beautiful, and one of Whyte's/Morrissey's best compositions. And its my favorite track on the Quarry album. hmpf!

It's from Ringleader of The Tormentors, and I agree it's really beautiful, espec. the line "Those who should love me, walk right through me". Such a sense of melancholy lol :D

actually quite a few

(....)
I have forgiven Jesus(no respect for Jesus, i refuse to listen to this garbage)

But isn't that kinda the whole point of that song?! That he has the audacity to completely humanise Jesus by addressing him as an equal, or even as being below him, and then to say, 'ah, but I'll let you off'! That could easily be seen as being pretty disrespectful really. I can't take it too seriously in the religious sense... it seems more to me that he's just deliberating over why he is the way he is and then coming to accept it even though it's painful.

i think i´m one of the few people that actually love Dear God... i´m not really bothered by the explosive kegs line, nor by the spreading your legs one.. i find it interesting how he phrases situations related to sex.. nobody mentioned that Handsome Devil embarasses them and it´s an equally sexually charged song and just as.. blunt or whatever you may call it..

i can´t take the NSAM video seriously, but it was one of my first encounters with solo morrissey and it amused me greately and didn´t put me off..

there isn´t really a smiths or morrissey song i´m embarrassed to play or sing when there´s other people around..

i think i´m one of the few people that actually love Dear God... i´m not really bothered by the explosive kegs line, nor by the spreading your legs one.. i find it interesting how he phrases situations related to sex.. nobody mentioned that Handsome Devil embarasses them and it´s an equally sexually charged song and just as.. blunt or whatever you may call it..

i can´t take the NSAM video seriously, but it was one of my first encounters with solo morrissey and it amused me greately and didn´t put me off..

there isn´t really a smiths or morrissey song i´m embarrassed to play or sing when there´s other people around..

I agree! It's my favorite Ringleader song. I don't know why so many people are bothered by those lyrics! I mean, they were a bit shocking the first time I heard them, but they're f-ing great!

I am never embarassed by any of the songs, ever.

Very very rarely I am embarassed by his choice of couture. That Guardian pic with Kristeen will be forever ruined for me by that cardi - I just can't get past it! :eek:

When Morrissey sang the explosive kegs line in Pasadena on 2/3, he looked out at the audience and then said "yes" It was so earnest and made me love him even more!
Was anyone else there who caught this moment?

actually quite a few

golden lights( worst smith song ever?)
get off the stage(hypocritical right now)
Wide to recieve (eww..)
Miserable Lie(awful)
Ouija board, Ouija board (cheesey)

what? did I miss something? Is there anything remotely interesting about tooth faries or Father Xmas? If not, then why should we believe in a Caucasian blonde blue eyed chap in Palestine, 2000 years ago? I'd rather believe in Harry Potter... and back on the thread subject I find it hard to believe Morrissey, despite Irish roots, would believe in something so banal and as institutionalised church-happy image of a chap called ... Jesus. Hence, his forgivness. That's my take, and of course I will be shot down for this heresy! I find I have forgiven Jesus to be right on the money....

None of his songs really make me cringe because they're bad or anything. Sometimes I feel really uncomfortable listening to certain ones in the company of my mother because she already thinks poorly of me and tells everyone I'm a lesbian. She doesn't think Morrissey is healthy for me.

GOD!

she thinks moz is a bad influence?

wtf guess she donest know the real tough stuff.

This is so silly, why would his songs embarass you, and not HIM?

are your relatives and friends so close minded?

morrissey wouldnt save his life by having to be "offensive" or controversial. he cant, he's just a regular pussy.

and why mind what the guy next to you thinks about what you listen to? ive played manson's cake and sodomy many times around people, (opening line of the song: i am the god of f***) and who gets mad? no one

ITS THE 21ST CENTURY!!!!!!

definitely not the whole song, but that one little part in "maudlin street" when he goes all super high and crazy on "close liiiiine..." pretty unnecessary if you ask me.

oh, and to whoever said "My love life." i say, no way dude. thats songs just nice and pretty and pleasant sounding.

no, that is completely necessary, I checked. :p

King Leer is genius, if you know what he's talking about in the song, and if you know anything about cruising streets lol. ;-)
Love this song, always puts me in a good mood.
You're trying to say that "King Leer" has something to do with 'cruising streets' :confused: , or did you just construct that sentence very poorly ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom