What kind* of tour will this be?

I would love it if he opened the show with Boy Racer and closed with Speedway. :o And of course Alma and Suedehead would be good too. :cool: In fact, I would love this setlist:
The Boy Racer
Suedehead
Alma Matters
14 filler songs
Speedway
:p

hahaha :D

^^I honestly do think that is a great start to the setlist. Boy Racer is a fantastic opener and Speedway is a fantastic closer. Suedehead will make a good second song, and a nice transition into Alma Matters.

Hmm, I think I could create a whole setlist that make sense for this tour, just give me a sec...

The Boy Racer
Suedehead
Alma Matters
Panic
First of the Gang to Die
In the Future When All's Well
You Have Killed Me
Nobody Loves Us
We'll Let You Know
I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now
Dear God, Please Help Me
Now My Heart is Full
Life is a Pigsty
Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before
I Just Want to See the Boy Happy
Irish Blood, English Heart
Speedway
/The National Front Disco

I could see that happening. Doesn't mean it's perfect, and I didn't intend to make my perfect setlist, just I think this is very possible.

EDIT: Oh gracious me, did I forget NFD? :eek: If he doesn't play that I will throw something at him! I think that would make possibly an even better closer than Speedway. So it's added to the list and Reader Meet Author is removed, even though I'd really like to hear him play that live. And First of the Gang to Die is more likely than Let Me Kiss You, so I guess I'll substitute that one for LMKY.

Last edited:
yeah, i would especially like to see him close with speedway

I cannot believe he has only closed with it twice, and at least one of those times was when the encore was cancelled! :eek: It is such a dramatic and intense song, and one of his greatest live, and probably my favorite solo song of his.

I agree except there will be some minor changes but it will still be ROTT based with Blood/Heart, First of the Gang, Let Me Kiss you.

I don't expect any new songs. One tops but that would be a surprise.

No huge mind blowing changes like Barbarism Begins at Home.

Maybe he will break out Well I Wonder for the first time ever. That would be awesome.

i would die if he played well i wonder! unfortunately, we all know that it's very unlikely

I cannot believe he has only closed with it twice, and at least one of those times was when the encore was cancelled! :eek: It is such a dramatic and intense song, and one of his greatest live, and probably my favorite solo song of his.

i agree it is an incredible song! although i have never understood why he cuts out the "and when you slam down the hammer..." part at the beginning, it makes it much more intense i think

i agree it is an incredible song! although i have never understood why he cuts out the "and when you slam down the hammer..." part at the beginning, it makes it much more intense i think

I agree, that I don't understand why he cuts it out and that it is much more intense because of it. He does a lot of little things like that I wonder about. It doesn't mean they are all automatically bad decisions, I just find no reason for or against them. Like when he changes the melody a bit in In the Future, on the line "I will lie down", when his voice kind of goes down and up again on the word "down". I like that little touch, so I wouldn't make a point of requesting him not to do that in concert, but I wonder why he always does that. Does it mean he prefers it that way?

I'd like to hear seasick, yet still docked.

how bout

the queen is dead
irish blood
will never marry
alsatian cousin
i know its over
the loop
girl drowning
life is a pigsty ---- right into asleep (whole song)
what difference does it make
unloveable
a rush and a push
im not sorry
king leer
jack the ripper
yes i am blind
no one can hold a candle to you
rubber ring
angel angel down together we go
speedway

i for one think its highly likely... :rolleyes:
but oh oh what a night it would be!

^^I have to say most of it could happen. Maybe wishful thinking, but I just SOOO want to hear TQID, Alsatian, and Speedway and those are possible, while Lifeguard, Know It's Over, and Angel are less likely but I would love those as much as the other three.

^^Nope, unfortunately he has not. :( I LOVE that song so much, but it seems like it would be hard to replicate the unique atmosphere of it live, like it would end up as one of those songs that is performed very different live (such as Jack the Ripper, most of the Kill Uncle songs, some tours that featured Please Please Please). It might've ended up as something acoustic with lots of piano and a little bit of electric guitar at a few points in the song, but no clarinet and no whispering vocals, instead of a strong vocal performance. Well, I'm rambling off-topic, but he has never played it live which is a shame.

Last edited:
^i will end this rambling too but in just one moment... :D i could imagine it going in the direction of moon riverish feeling.

OOOHHH i can't wait - no matter what he plays!

^^That does sound very possible too. This song seems to have so much potential, for live performances, alternate mixes, anything. Even though its arrangements and production are perfect as is, I could imagine a lot of different styles injected into it. Oh well, I'll stop now. :D

Back
Top Bottom