Trailer for "South With Morrissey" documentary online!

King Leer

Leering since '97
I just posted this in the thread about Russell Brand's proposed documentary on Moz, but I thought it warranted its own thread.

After years of not finding any info on the 'net about the lost film "South With Morrissey", which documents his South American tour in 2000 (see here), some footage has turned up.

There was a video clip at the time the DVD was about to go on sale, but I don't believe this trailer has been seen before around these parts. It looks quite good. There's contact info on the site (both phone number and email).

http://www.stanhopefilms.com/portfolio.htm

Last edited:
2nd column, 2nd item titled south strange picture - click the view option under the text

Ah, I was looking on the wrong page! But I have quicktime installed, and I can only hear the music, but I can't see the video. Is there a certain version of quicktime I need?

Download the latest version of QT from the link I posted (though any version should work, I suspect).

That's a good point, actually. It now seems to be named just "South" both on the webpage and onscreen in the trailer itself. Hmm...

2nd column, 2nd item titled south strange picture - click the view option under the text

Thanks for the link, it's a shame this never saw the light of day it looks like it could be good.

Strange though how the footage of him walking down the street appears to be the same footage used in 'The Importance of Being Morrissey' documentary.

Look here are some screenshots I took for comparison -

South -
south.jpg

Importance of... -
C4.jpg

:eek:

Thanks for the link, it's a shame this never saw the light of day it looks like it could be good.

Strange though how the footage of him walking down the street appears to be the same footage used in 'The Importance of Being Morrissey' documentary.

South -
south.jpg

Importance of... -
C4.jpg

Yeah, that occurred to me too.

By the way, you can download the clip with this link.

Peter

Very good eye! It must be quite quick in The Importance, as the footage doesn't match that well (Moz is obviously a few years younger).

Maybe Channel 4 bought some of Derbyshire's footage?

Someone ring this lad up, will you?

South -
south.jpg

Importance of... -
C4.jpg

I am surprised this hasn't surfaced as I'm pretty sure there were some promo copies sent out.

It looks great,love the crafty behind the back throw of the shirt.
Some really great images on it too
Hope it gets an airing

Last edited:
This was for sale from Barry Derybshire in 2001 I think. I remember ordering it on dvd/vhs at the time it originally surfaced. Seemingly he was asked to document this part of the tour on film.But then "someone" changed their mind about releasing it.
That was the explanation I was given at the time when I was refunded.
It still looks very interesting though...to say the least (enquirys have been made)

the original story/stories about the film can be found here.

funny that this should pop up now, i just recently learned about this film's existance. hopefully the fact that they have a trailer posted means that it will eventually get released...

Back
Top Bottom