The Seattle Show (Revisited)

M

Moz Gurlie

Ok, So last night's show was my first and here are my observations
and story. I got there at 7:40, got in line and got in rather quickly,
and this was the first time i've seen morrissey fans and they are
quite an intresting lot, nobody really my age thought, but that's allright. so me and my friend got in, sat down half way to the front, i went up to the barrier and awaited the opening band, well i awaited
morrissey, but i stood there so i could keep a good spot. the band
came on and they were annoying. the music was OK, but the singers
werent good at all, maybe if they had them replaced. They left, (finally) and i stood there and the tape mix came on for the time between moz and the opening band, and then the bouncer came to check tickets, i didnt have mine so i went back to my seat to get them, then i bought a shirt, a poster and the pillowcase and went back to my seat. When the lights went down i rushed to the front to get to the barriers, but when i got there the bouncer stood perched not letting anyone throught. all the while, this music was going on,
getting gradually more louder, trying to get you excited i suppose and then, suddenly the bouncer turned his head, and me and this girl in front of me started running to the barrier, i made it, and by then morrissey was on, dressed in a all darkish brown plastic, not leather
outfit, i was rocking out and singing along, screaming, etc. he played boy racer, did the banana thing and this is how it all started.
the set didnt differ much from portlands, except he played lost here and not shoplifters and more diffrences, but i cant remember, he poked
fun at the goo goo dolls last nite about three times and as people threw stuff on stage, stuff other then flowers, which i could not
make out, probaly condoms, it looked like, he would look down at them
with shock and a smile on his face. standouts for me were meat is murder, lost, now my heart is full, last night i dreamt, billy budd, and hairdresser. now heres my question for everyone, is the crowd usually that unexcited?? a lot of people around me seemed hardly moved
and nobody besides me and a few others seemed really excited.
the crowd up front was small and in the seats, most people were sitting down blankless, not everyone thought, but a good percentage.
i had a great time myself and loved seeing my mozzer for the first time and i had the honor to hold his hand for about 5 seconds. oh bliss! so i was wondering what people who went thought it thought
and opinions on the crowd, and is it usually diffrent?

love,
moz gurlie

I fully agree... I loved the show, but 75 % of the crowd was ASLEEP!!! I expected way more energy. Maybe it was all the pot smoking at the back that mellowed the crowd. REALLY PEOPLE! Moz Gurlie...I'm very jelous...holding Morrissey's hand.....I would've been close to the passing out stage:)

boring seattlites

I have been to 4 shows in Ca. and I have never seen an audience just SIT there. It was kind of making me mad! At one point I was so bold as to STAND and somebody started pelting me with altiods! This is MORRISSEY, not an opera or something stuffy like that! Morrissey was great, but I am sure he was sad that nobody was moving...I was.

Re: boring seattlites

> I have been to 4 shows in Ca. and I have never seen an audience
> just SIT there. It was kind of making me mad! At one point I was
> so bold as to STAND and somebody started pelting me with
> altiods! This is MORRISSEY, not an opera or something stuffy
> like that! Morrissey was great, but I am sure he was sad that
> nobody was moving...I was.

I agree with you 100%. The Seattle audience was a yawn. I stood up and danced the whole time. I didn't care if the people behind me could see or not. It's a concert for godsake! After all these years of listening to Morrissey, my mother finally agreed to come to a show with me. She's 52 and she got into it more than half the crowd did. This is the 3rd show I've seen on this tour and I have to say it was my least favorite. What makes me angry is that the Paramount could have made this a general admission show and didn't.

> and opinions on the crowd, and is it usually diffrent?

> love,
> moz gurlie

OH yes...like night and day....
Usually, everyone's intimately squished toward the front, peaople try to get onstage, etc...
I wasn't at this Seattle show, but I can tell you the first time I saw Moz was at the Paramount, and it was a friggin MADhouse! IIRC, like 3 people got on stage...but it was a long time ago, so I don't remember exactly...

The only time I've seen anything close to what you're describing was on the Arsenal tour in Portland, everyone sitting in their seats, some dancing at their seats, but no crunch....until....
About 3 songs into it, Moz started miming like he could barely see the audience, and said "You know, things are so much better when you're (made a "come here" gesture) CLOSER!"....and then everyone rushed to the front, over the seats and down the aisles, the security looked VERY freaked out as they climbed backward over the barrier....then when we were all squished up front, he started giggling and said "you look like a bunch of sardines!"...

Re: boring seattlites

>What makes me angry
> is that the Paramount could have made this a general admission
> show and didn't.

This is true, I saw Bauhaus there, and was surprised by the lack of seats....but very happy about it too...
First time I saw Moz was there (Kill Uncle), and there were seats there that night, but nobody seemed to care...I stood on 2 of them..

Back
Top Bottom