The Drivel Thread

According to my honey bunny, born to eat meringue, I got "battered" by "absolutely everybody including audrey" in this here thread! Is it true?! Can someone point out where that happened?! I guess I must have missed it. Pity, I'm sure I would've enjoyed it 🤷‍♀️

According to my honey bunny, born to eat meringue, I got "battered" by "absolutely everybody including audrey" in this here thread! Is it true?! Can someone point out where that happened?! I guess I must have missed it. Pity, I'm sure I would've enjoyed it 🤷‍♀️

You’ve been on the warpath for the past 24 hours, did you have a bad Christmas or something?? I said “on the forum”, not this thread specifically. There’s the J-dogg thread for example, but you might have mentally blocked that one out to avoid reckoning with the fact that you received a good battering there!

I’m enjoying life right now, Morrissey, despite missing you. I treated myself today, at the art supplies store. Tonight I plan to begin another portrait of you. I don’t know which reference photo I’ll use.

I don’t feel like drawing and painting. I still feel tetchy about the last drawing turning out to be on material that isn’t friendly to watercolour paint. It was a terrible tease, and still is. I want to paint in that drawing, but it’s no use. I have to bring back the big jar of watercolour ground that I used on that canvas, and try to get a refund, because it’s not what it’s supposed to be, but I bought it in March, so I don’t know if they’ll refund me. I only opened it, breaking the seal, on Wednesday December 20th.

I need to do another gratitude list, because I have a lot to be grateful for. I don’t have to feel tetchy. I’m going to write in my paper diary now, about what I can be grateful for.

So I did a gratitude list, and came to the conclusion that I’m just afraid to draw another portrait of Morrissey, because I might screw it up, and that I’ll compare it to the last drawing, and be disappointed. That’s what it is that’s bothering me, my fear of disappointing myself. I guess I will set a time, maybe midnight, to get down to drawing. I’m bound to feel much better after drawing and painting, even if I screw up, because I’ll have fun doing it, even if it’s screwing up.

It’s been about 13 days now I think, that my lungs have been doing pretty good. I’m looking forward to hearing youtube clips of the upcoming You Are the Quarry concerts. January 26th and 27th, I believe. I’ve been experiencing flashes of pain in my right kidney today. Wonder what that’s from. I didn’t go for my usual 40 minute brisk walk today, because I was feeling too old, too cold, and bent, plus, I didn’t fancy having to change out of my sweaty clothes when I’d get home from such exercise. Plus, it was raining, so my clothes would have been all the wetter. I got a refund for the painting surface that was not friendly to watercolour. I bought more paint, and watercolour ground by a brand that I trust more than the one I got the refund for. Watercolour ground consists of acrylic, so it’s bad for the environment. I’ll use up my stretched canvases and then stop buying watercolour ground for them. I’ll cease buying stretched canvases in the first place, so I won’t need watercolour ground to adapt them to watercolour use. I may buy the watercolour canvases though, which are 10 times more expensive than the dollar store canvases I’ve been buying, but are sturdier, and don’t require watercolour ground to be added by myself. I wonder though, oh, it’s impossible to be environmentally innocent. There’s always a ‘but’. I stopped using cadmium and cobalt paints quite some time ago, because I felt guilty using them, once I found out that they pollute the water system, but there’s mining involved in the paints I’ve been buying, but they don’t pollute the water system from me rinsing out my paint water cups. Relatively, I can’t even say how I stand relatively, except that I know that using acrylic paints would pollute more than using watercolour. Still, "an inbuilt guilt catches up with you.”, for one reason or several, always. I learned today that “fuddy duddy” doesn’t mean old and arthritic. I’ve always thought it did. I wrote in my diary today that I was feeling fuddy duddy, but then looked it up and saw it means something else, so I’ll just say that I felt too old, and too cold today, to go for a brisk walk. I hope this doesn’t become the norm for me anytime soon. Morrissey is spry, nimble, and agile, and he’s 5 years older than I. I blame the anti-psychotic medication.

I’m still afraid to pick up the pencil and start a new drawing of Morrissey, after the last disappointment on, I think, Christmas day. Maybe tonight I’ll break the hymen of this blockage. Maybe tomorrow, or the next day. For now, I’m just listening to You Are the Quarry, and am going to look at my artwork all the while.

There was a petite woman with long dark hair on the bus today, who reminded me of Carmen Vandenberg, and just as I got the idea of telling her, she got off at her stop. I’m sure she would have been chuffed to google Carmen. She’d been moving to the music in her headphones very subtly, so I’d say she would have been flattered.

My dog would have liked you, Morrissey, had he met you while he was still alive. I miss your red face.

Tags
anxiety bloody awful poetry testing the waters trying to feel good in your own skin trying to make friends wanting to alleviate anxiety wanting to feel safe to be honest wanting to have integrity
Back
Top Bottom