The Cure play yesterday for 3 hours - Moz can barely do one

dunno what happened there.

Um i think i'd like to see Morrissey do about 20 songs.
I saw the Cure live in Berlin the other day on VH2 (I think) and Blobby just stands there. Morrissey moves around etc etc.

And I have found the best gigs by "established" acts that I have been to the past few years are usually no longer than an hour.... you just lose interest.

The Fall
Foo Fighters and Oasis at the Millenium Stadium etc etc. (not much of a fan of either but appreciated the "live performances")

And other gigs I've been to by The Coral, Franz Ferdinand etc etc lasted not much longer than an hour....

I do think Moz could do an extra song or two from his extensive back catalogue though.

a couple of points

3 hrs would be great but lets be frank, are those that moan about the gig length the same people who moan about cancelled gigs? If so then imagine how many gigs would be cancelled if he did a world tour and did 3 hrs per night. I would like to suggest it would be an awful lot more. Some people are never happy though.

Intro's to cure tracks are about a week long too and they have insturmental breaks in the middle!

Moz songs on the whole are as he put it "a vocal rat a tat tat" (im paraphrasing so no big nose who knows correcting that please!) and therefore I can totally understand why he cant do the same.

I love moz gigs, fast passionate and always a joy.

> dunno what happened there.

> Um i think i'd like to see Morrissey do about 20 songs.
> I saw the Cure live in Berlin the other day on VH2 (I think) and Blobby
> just stands there. Morrissey moves around etc etc.

> And I have found the best gigs by "established" acts that I have
> been to the past few years are usually no longer than an hour.... you just
> lose interest.

> The Fall
> Foo Fighters and Oasis at the Millenium Stadium etc etc. (not much of a
> fan of either but appreciated the "live performances")

> And other gigs I've been to by The Coral, Franz Ferdinand etc etc lasted
> not much longer than an hour....

> I do think Moz could do an extra song or two from his extensive back
> catalogue though.
ive seen many many shows in my time some shitty some great some longer some shorter but very FEW artist put out as much energy as mos does on stage i mean the man is soaking wet by the 3rd or 4th song even the reverend horton heat does not sweat that much!!i mostly go to punk shows and harder music but mos shows are some of the wildest shows ive ever been to. yeah id like a couple of 2 or 3 more songs but i never have left a show let down or upset !on the set list right now i agree that it could use a little variation but in tulsa and okc once the show started i didnt think a second about it .the new album just takes a little time to get the feel of it i love it just like the other albums yeah it has a couple that arent my cup of tea but the majority of tracks are really great.i like the moz solo stuff way way better than the smiths and to me malajusted was my fave album i like vauxhall just not as well.just my 2 cents

this is a really stupid question...

maybe no one SHOULD care (i certainly don't), but they do outsell your dear morrissey considerably...so obviously a lot of people DO care.

Move festival 2004, Moz far better with crowd.

At the Move festival in 2004 the cure headlined one of the nights. Very little interaction from Robert Smith but to be fair a cracking show and setlist. I am a fan of them both but love Morrissey's quips and remarks of which there were many during his set the same weekend. Both good within their respective and very different fields. Not a huge fan of the smoke that the Cure use might explain the length of the set, if they get lost on stage and just keep playing until they find their way off stage!

Back
Top Bottom