Something rare for the Bowie fans

++++++

It's a god-eat-god world
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UX6FT6DT

This is a sampling of the 3.5-hour-long recording session that formed the basis of Bowie's Outside album. They were initially planning on releasing it in this style. Thankfully, that didn't happen. Leon.mp3 is "The Enemy is Fragile", which was originally set to be released in some fashion, and Out.mp3 is the original version of "Ramona A. Stone / I Am With Name". "We'll Creep Together" was, I think, a b-side on one of the singles. I'm not sure about the others, but you can pick up bits and pieces of other songs within the rest of the tracks. There's a detailed page about it on the Illustrated db Discography.

As a whole, it's not very easy to listen to. Don't download it expecting a collection of traditional songs. They're mainly improvised jams, and are very raw and disorganized (both musically and lyrically). Still, it's a rarity, and it's interesting to see the foundation of one of Bowie's most criminally overlooked albums.

Now if I could just get my hands on a copy of Toy (which has apparently been floating around for a few weeks now), I'd be a happy man. Samples from Toy are also available on the Discography site.

Back
Top Bottom