Slow Castlefield ticket sales why

Why didn't the Castlefield shows sell out instantly? Or at least quicker than they have?

• Ticket cost?

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Perceived right wing political bias,i.e. Britain first comment?

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • New material heavy setlists?

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Recent show quality in general?

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Does the newish band no longer do it for you?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prima donna attitude gone to far (Journalists all lie only to have recording released showing not)?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other? please comment?

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Everythings fine we've just all booked our holidays for that week.

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
I really hope he performs Cheese Is Murder :thumb:

And that other one that goes " Leather elbows on a wool and cashmere coat, is that the best you can do ? " :thumb:

" Losing in front of your home crowd " as well :thumb:

Or what about " I Am Hated For Being Racist " :thumb:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

"Leather elbows on a wool and cashmere coat"
"I am Hated for Being Racist"
:rolleyes:

Maybe autism can rescue this tragic comedy.

"Leather elbows"doh:
Very embarrassing. Maybe autism AND ambien.

Im sure they will be full by the time of the gigs but non of the small venues on the UK dates have sold out as yet, nor have the Castlefield dates. Can't think of any other time this has happened, particularly with the 2 to 3k capacity venues? I assume its a mixture of the prices, too close to the last dates, set list last time and the shit he has spouted?

Mike, get it through your thick skull: NO comps for you and your shiftless unemployed mates. You are all :banned:
for having no jobs and being schonzzers.:hushed:

Im sure they will be full by the time of the gigs but non of the small venues on the UK dates have sold out as yet, nor have the Castlefield dates. Can't think of any other time this has happened, particularly with the 2 to 3k capacity venues? I assume its a mixture of the prices, too close to the last dates, set list last time and the shit he has spouted?

Yeah I would say it’s all four. Has he ever tour so close together before now

As others said, its a mixture.

I feel many casual fans who went to the Feb tours, won’t be attending due to expensive tickets and the lack of ‘hits’ in his sets.
Whilst a small percentage of older fans, who have followed Morrissey’s movements over the years, have drawn a line in the sand over his recent thoughts.

Enjoy the shows, as if he can't sell out 2,000 capacity venues, it will be a while before he bothers to tour the UK again.

He will ONLY play where his comments mean:

NOTHING:swear
NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING:swear:swear

He will only play the UK and the USA and SOUTH AMERICA and the same places
hes has always played...:rofl:

but only in POPULATIONS

WHERE PEOPLE HAVE JOBS AND DONT ATTEND THE MOSQUE:bow:

TOTAL TROLL INSANITY:dizzy:

D05611F9-A066-40C6-9C00-89D52B34AF15-279-0000001113413145.jpeg

[QUOTE="Uncleskinny, post: 1987086068, member: 3"(b) He'll only play now somewhere where his comments mean nothing to the people there [/QUOTE]
Like Scotland ?!
Or are the audience here going to be put down as Nazis by you?

Ticket price is a big one for me. £70 for just over an hour of music isn't too enticing. Saying that ticket prices are ridiculous now whoever you see. Promotor/artist greed has killed the live experience for me. Paid £12.50 for my first Moz show in 1995; an online inflation calculator says this is the modern equivalent of £23.60.

Setlist, ability (or lack of) the band, racist comments etc are secondary reason for non attendance. I've had my fill of Moz shows and would sooner see someone else live.

Ticket price is a big one for me. £70 for just over an hour of music isn't too enticing. Saying that ticket prices are ridiculous now whoever you see. Promotor/artist greed has killed the live experience for me. Paid £12.50 for my first Moz show in 1995; an online inflation calculator says this is the modern equivalent of £23.60.

Setlist, ability (or lack of) the band, racist comments etc are secondary reason for non attendance. I've had my fill of Moz shows and would sooner see someone else live.

I try to ensure gigs I go to are less than 20 to 25 quid unless it's someone I really want to see and/or there's a good bill that interests me. Obviously this limits my choices but get to see some decent acts either on the way up (or the way back down).

Having said that I think people are voting with their feet. The Stones and Beyonce/ Jay Z stadium gigs are far from sold out this summer and on a personal level 32 quid to see Gomez do their first album is far too steep even though I do love that album. Last time I saw Gomez in 2004/5 it was 10 quid.

Best value gig I've been to in recent times was 20 quid to see Goat, Hookworms, Jane Weaver and a.n.other band in Manchester Albert Hall. Great bands in a great venue.
Of course this doesn't factor in travel and accomodation etc etc but still works out cheaper than seeing 'premium' acts at extortionate prices.

[QUOTE="Stanley the 2nd, post: 1987086086, member: 6455"Paid £12.50 for my first Moz show in 1995; an online inflation calculator says this is the modern equivalent of £23.60.

[/QUOTE]
That same calculator worked out my 50p ticket for Gary Glitter in 1980 would now cost me £1.70. Sounds about right.

[QUOTE="Stanley the 2nd, post: 1987086086, member: 6455"Paid £12.50 for my first Moz show in 1995; an online inflation calculator says this is the modern equivalent of £23.60.
That same calculator worked out my 50p ticket for Gary Glitter in 1980 would now cost me £1.70. Sounds about right.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha..... what did you have to do back stage with Gary Glitter for a 50p ticket???

It's cool. All of this will blow over in 40-50 years when he's been dead long enough for people to discover his art having not been around to live through his late era douchebag phase.

I said this to a friend he said
"Thats the theory and its mostly true , its also mostly true he has to some extent mangled his legacy .
Apart from to his fan base he has been seen as a joke for sometime , about 20 years. Now even lots of his fan base think hes a dick. We love him , he was great but now he's just a shameless lost soul who forgot who he was , what he was about and pretty much become desperate , a man with no merit , mostly disliked by even those close to him. A man used by everyone, including his family . He lets it happen as its all he has to give
The guy became so desperate to hang on to fame , for no other reason than to be famous, he was caught trolling the Paris shooting, lying about what he said in interviews in a Trump like manner , making racist comments and inventing interviews where he pretends he is more important that Bowie , add in to the mix a autobiography that in the last part what a hollow husk of a life he now lives, the reverse of what he was like last century. He used to be special , now hes special needs
He used to be about poetry and beauty and style and grace , there was meaning and depth. Now he's empty , ugly , basic of language , shallow . His live shows once an event are phoned in, his band useless and a joke . His later years given to gimmicks and smoke and mirrors, its no secret that his shows have been pretend sellouts since , around 2008
Yes he will be remembered for the genius he once had, the power but he will also be remembered for the joke he became. The human will mostly be overlooked for the art but to anyone who bothers to learn about the artist they will find a pathetic figure. A figure with nothing in his life but the desire to remain famous, a heart of spite, where once its was brimming with love. This is obvious now just wait until he dies and the truth about him comes out ."

Harsh but i think some truth . I gagging to know what truths will come out, I wonder what he meant

I reckon because me heard a rumor down at me cold dirty working class factory next to Mank kickball stadium today that Steve is going to wear his Dodger jersey and a "Make America Great Again" red cap at the shows because he lost the jet ski race to Zuma with John Lydon so now he has to wear the cap because John is a huge Trump supporter m8 inn n nn n it.
Ummm...HOLD UP, yo!! WHO exactly kicked my Uncle Steve's butt in Jett ski racing?? You mean like, Zuma as in, Gwen Stefani and Gavin's kid?? :lbf: OR, you mean like... some guy from Soweto, on the list of the world's most corrupt countries??

Because, personally?? I feel like no ones ever gonna kick my Uncle Steve's butt at jett ski!!

Also, me reckon John Lydon can't even hold a Jett ski upright...but I'm also fine with going on the record and saying that :p

Me cold dirty working class factory was THE BEST though, Aztec

Me cold dirty working class intentions, contraventions, permutations, and interventions, more like. But hey, I only ever speak for me!!

Love you, kid!! :lbf: <3!!!

I said this to a friend he said
"Thats the theory and its mostly true , its also mostly true he has to some extent mangled his legacy .
Apart from to his fan base he has been seen as a joke for sometime , about 20 years. Now even lots of his fan base think hes a dick. We love him , he was great but now he's just a shameless lost soul who forgot who he was , what he was about and pretty much become desperate , a man with no merit , mostly disliked by even those close to him. A man used by everyone, including his family . He lets it happen as its all he has to give
The guy became so desperate to hang on to fame , for no other reason than to be famous, he was caught trolling the Paris shooting, lying about what he said in interviews in a Trump like manner , making racist comments and inventing interviews where he pretends he is more important that Bowie , add in to the mix a autobiography that in the last part what a hollow husk of a life he now lives, the reverse of what he was like last century. He used to be special , now hes special needs
He used to be about poetry and beauty and style and grace , there was meaning and depth. Now he's empty , ugly , basic of language , shallow . His live shows once an event are phoned in, his band useless and a joke . His later years given to gimmicks and smoke and mirrors, its no secret that his shows have been pretend sellouts since , around 2008
Yes he will be remembered for the genius he once had, the power but he will also be remembered for the joke he became. The human will mostly be overlooked for the art but to anyone who bothers to learn about the artist they will find a pathetic figure. A figure with nothing in his life but the desire to remain famous, a heart of spite, where once its was brimming with love. This is obvious now just wait until he dies and the truth about him comes out ."

Harsh but i think some truth . I gagging to know what truths will come out, I wonder what he meant
I think that it will be split between people gleefully wanting to cash in and spilling any number of tawdry things, or just unsavory scenes,
and close(er) people who remember that he was a troubled and mentally ill/fragile person and say nothing, remembering his good qualities.

Ummm...HOLD UP, yo!! WHO exactly kicked my Uncle Steve's butt in Jett ski racing?? You mean like, Zuma as in, Gwen Stefani and Gavin's kid?? :lbf: OR, you mean like... some guy from Soweto, on the list of the world's most corrupt countries??

Because, personally?? I feel like no ones ever gonna kick my Uncle Steve's butt at jett ski!!

Also, me reckon John Lydon can't even hold a Jett ski upright...but I'm also fine with going on the record and saying that :p

Me cold dirty working class factory was THE BEST though, Aztec

Me cold dirty working class intentions, contraventions, permutations, and interventions, more like. But hey, I only ever speak for me!!

Love you, kid!! :lbf: <3!!!

John Lydon is now better on the jet ski race from Malibu Beach to Zuma Beach than Uncle Steve, William Michael Albert Broad, Dave Evans, Ozzy, Jack, Kelly, Alain Whyte, Steve Jones, and that old brittish dude Herman. Supposedly Uncle Steve lost his touch when he was millions of miles away from Moz Angeles in Yerope and the uk getting foreigner money. All of this reminds me when the Fonz had to jump the shark off Malibu. The Fonz being Uncle Steve.

Back
Top Bottom