Sexuality and the selling of music

• Thread starter Deleted member 4260
  • Start date
What's in Pandora's Box?

if you check mythology, it was actually a jar.
surprising? there's also a theory that the 'box' might have been Pandora's uterus, in which case, it would mean she gave birth to a lot of bad things. typical negative symbolism attached to females...

see, you're already neatly lobotomized. they put sedatives in our water system, to control the population. so your illusion of freedom is very very naive.

Dear John:

The official word is that potassium nitrate (KNO3), more commonly employed as an ingredient in gunpowder, has no therapeutic value as an anaphrodisiac, contrary to legend. Cecil of course believes this. Still, when you look at what the stuff does do, you can see where the idea got started. Saltpeter can cause relaxation of involuntary muscle fiber (for which reason it's used to treat asthma) and it's occasionally prescribed to lower body temperature in cases of fever. From there it's not much of a leap to think that "niter," as it was called in the old days, might cure "sexual fever," and in fact a few doctors urged it for that purpose centuries ago.

From what I can tell the idea wasn't taken too seriously, but apparently sailors in the British navy leapt to conclusions when they learned that potassium nitrate was being used to preserve the meat used aboard their ships. Ever since the inmates of almost any large all-male institution, ranging from boarding schools to the army, have been convinced that the higher-ups were slipping the stuff into the mashed potatoes (or whatever) to cool the jets of the rank and file. During the world wars, for example, it was widely believed that government-issue cigarettes were soaked in saltpeter.

The truth is that even the most tyrannical general wouldn't inflict the stuff on his men if he expected them to be of any use--too many side effects. Among other things potassium nitrate can cause gastroenteritis (violent stomachache), high blood pressure, anemia, kidney disease, and general weakness and torpor. It also has an alarmingly depressive effect on the heart. Too strong a dose and not only would you not be able to get it up, chances are you wouldn't be able to get up, period. All in all, there's still no substitute for the cold shower.

Pandora, What Are You Smoking?

if you check mythology, it was actually a jar.
surprising? there's also a theory that the 'box' might have been Pandora's uterus, in which case, it would mean she gave birth to a lot of bad things. typical negative symbolism attached to females...

Eve Did it...It's all her fault that we're all f***ed!!

im not a soap snob. i just CANNOT stand the smell of irish spring.
when i smell it i want to faint.

im really sensitive to smell and sometimes i feel like gagging.

we come from africa you loons.

blame koko .

gimme a brake.
im not expecting charlton heston to agree that hes african too but this is a fact.

just some people altho i do think my sig other is coming over for a sleepover. thats gonna be tricky, i gonna have to be silent.

blame it on Lilith.
and Eve had some serious food craving issues. She must have been pregnant already....

Lilith? Shall we get out the f***ing Mythology books here? Are you playing the role of Hestia this evening?

MY GOD. Did you read the quote i JUST posted above?????
Are all of you speculators illiterate!?!?!??!?!!?!? Or just have a problem with accepting what he says!!?!?!?!??! I think this, I think that-...who are you to think anything in that respect!??!?!?!?! Read the quote and cut out the speculations.

oh piss off already.... you have a borderline clinical obsession with this man but yet you can't let anyone else talk about him. He's been with men, he's been with women. Let people talk about it you controlling know-it-all

a suggestion: go meet somebody, get laid, get high. Do something outside of a book or an obsession, have a real experience, THEN come back and chastise everyone here, OK?

oh piss off already.... you have a borderline clinical obsession with this man but yet you can't let anyone else talk about him. He's been with men, he's been with women. Let people talk about it you controlling know-it-all

a suggestion: go meet somebody, get laid, get high. Do something outside of a book or an obsession, have a real experience, THEN come back and chastise everyone here, OK?

Judging by your suggestions, you must live a pretty miserable life. primitive urges, shallow experiences....sorry, I am a bit beyond and above that. But thanks for the tip. You seem like the exact type of person Morrissey would dislike immensely.

i like you.

Judging by your suggestions, you must live a pretty miserable life. primitive urges, shallow experiences....sorry, I am a bit beyond and above that. But thanks for the tip. You seem like the exact type of person Morrissey would dislike immensely.

maybe, but you seem like the type he would get a restraining order against

so sea slugs have male and female genitalia and are the hermaphrodites of the sea.

isnt that kewl?

maybe, but you seem like the type he would get a restraining order against

definitely. because i am so bloody obsessed.
i'd rather be insane than a lethargic fool who stands after the show clutching a sharpie and various smiths LPs calling him "Steven! Steven! Come over here and sign some stuff"......

Back
Top Bottom