Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

Lol, I didn't say that was my whole town. That's the edge of town. Technically it's looking out more onto the highway. However, my town doesn't have anything to do really, so you're not wrong about me being (sarcastically) 'fortunate enough to live in such an exciting place'. But it is bigger than those pictures.
Not that that changes the fact that the November landscape of the Midwest isn't a very beautiful one.
I live in the Midwest too!! 😵 Those photos of your town looks very much similar to mine. I live in the middle of a buncha corn fields. 😂 It only takes 15 mins to walk from one end of my town to the other.

(I know this post is old, I wonder if you're still on Solo?)

I live in the Midwest too!! 😵 Those photos of your town looks very much similar to mine. I live in the middle of a buncha corn fields. 😂 It only takes 15 mins to walk from one end of my town to the other.

Click on the person's name and you'll see their profile summary.
'Last seen' will answer your question.
Regards,
FWD.

Sounds nice!!

When I think of the Midwest, It’s always November and the cornfields are always dead and grey. I think of rusty silos, dilapidated farms, Ed Gein, and the music of the late, eternally great, Jason Molina, and I shiver in delight.

When I think of the Midwest, It’s always November and the cornfields are always dead and grey. I think of rusty silos, dilapidated farms, Ed Gein, and the music of the late, eternally great, Jason Molina, and I shiver in delight.
That's right! Sooo many dilapidated barns too. Winter days are white and grey. The trees should finally get getting there buds soon, thank goodness! Nothing like driving through town while it's raining, "William" pipes up through my car speakers "The rain falls hard.. on a hum-drum town.." --Just lovely. I love my tiny town.

I love how people that don't live around here view the farmy Midwest, it's very interesting to me! It's pretty boring around here, but I like it that way, no distractions from my hobbies. I'm not much of a city goer, but I do like to visit Chicago sometimes to catch a little break from the mundane, but it does always give me a sense of uneasy being there. I usually only go to see my favorite musicians. I'm hoping Morrissey will come perform in Chicago again one day.

Did I honestly just see a grown 40-ish year old man say he thinks of cornfields, farms, and Ed Gein in the American Midwest and he shivers in delight? 😐

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom