New Poetry book, by Morrissey Fan

X

xtine

I am sure someone is going to say this is not the right forum for this message, but I have been a fan for a very long time, love this site, and have no other way to contact fans I have met on tour, etc.

I just published a book: Straight Up Haiku.
More info can be found here:
http://www.trafford.com/robots/04-2466.html

There is only one haiku about morrissey, and even there the content is pretty minimal. Nevertheless, this book was written by me, long time fan, and I think my work (serious and silly) will be appreciated by other Smiths fans.
thanks,
christine freeland

> I am sure someone is going to say this is not the right forum for this
> message, but I have been a fan for a very long time, love this site, and
> have no other way to contact fans I have met on tour, etc.

> I just published a book: Straight Up Haiku.
> More info can be found here:
> http://www.trafford.com/robots/04-2466.html There is only one haiku
> about morrissey, and even there the content is pretty minimal.
> Nevertheless, this book was written by me, long time fan, and I think my
> work (serious and silly) will be appreciated by other Smiths fans.
> thanks,
> christine freeland
Christine, congrats on your book! Who is your publisher? I'll definitely check it out! Cheers!

> Christine, congrats on your book! Who is your publisher? I'll
> definitely check it out! Cheers!

I was very intrigued with this:
About Trafford Publishing:
Our books are manufactured one-at-a-time to fill individual orders -- part of an innovative process we call "on-demand publishing." Authors and organizations from over 60 countries are using Trafford for their publishing needs.

Colleen, one more thing...

Why is your user profile under "Andrea Ison rourke fan..?"
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/discuss/index.cgi?noframes;profile=andrea+ison+rourke+fan..

And I too have something of a fetish for moleskin journals.
I dont write a damn thing in mine either.

Colleen, one more thing...

Why is your user profile under "Andrea Ison rourke fan..?"
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/discuss/index.cgi?noframes;profile=andrea+ison+rourke+fan..

And I too have something of a fetish for moleskin journals.
I dont write a damn thing in mine either.

> I was very intrigued with this:
> About Trafford Publishing:
> Our books are manufactured one-at-a-time to fill individual orders -- part
> of an innovative process we call "on-demand publishing." Authors
> and organizations from over 60 countries are using Trafford for their
> publishing needs.
Interesting you caught that bit out, Codreanu! It looks like Trafford is a vanity press. You write your book, pay Trafford for publishing it, and bob's your uncle!

Re: Colleen, one more thing...

> Why is your user profile under "Andrea Ison rourke fan..?"
>
> http://www.morrissey-solo.com/discuss/index.cgi?noframes;profile=andrea+ison+rourke+fan
> ..

> And I too have something of a fetish for moleskin journals.
> I dont write a damn thing in mine either.
I just checked my profile and I don't even have one! So I don't know about this Andrea Ison rourke fan business. I'll have to ask her. Ahhh Moleskines; arent they wonderful? They seem too pristine to mess up. But I've filled out at least two.

> Moleskines; arent they wonderful? They seem too pristine to mess up.

My sentiments exactly. I also have a series of handsome journals blazed with the portraits of writers: Joyce, Woolfe, Dickens etc. that I, likewise, can not bring myself to scribble in.

> Interesting you caught that bit out, Codreanu! It looks like Trafford is a
> vanity press. You write your book, pay Trafford for publishing it, and
> bob's your uncle!

it is true that trafford is vanity press, that being said, i spent a very long time researching the best way for me to publish. I didnt want to hire and agent, shop the book for a while (maybe years) and then only make $0.10 on each copy that sold. Instead I choose self publishing, where I have complete creative control and get a decent % of royalty.

That being said, this is a "real" book. I'm listed on amazon.com, and other online bookstores, I have an ISBN number, I am registered with Library of Congress, etc.

since when is DIY a bad thing?

> it is true that trafford is vanity press, that being said, i spent a very
> long time researching the best way for me to publish. I didnt want to hire
> and agent, shop the book for a while (maybe years) and then only make
> $0.10 on each copy that sold. Instead I choose self publishing, where I
> have complete creative control and get a decent % of royalty.

I think that could prove to have been a wise move. I may very well go that route should I overcome my reticence and creative constipation enough to ever write seriously.

> it is true that trafford is vanity press, that being said, i spent a very
> long time researching the best way for me to publish. I didnt want to hire
> and agent, shop the book for a while (maybe years) and then only make
> $0.10 on each copy that sold. Instead I choose self publishing, where I
> have complete creative control and get a decent % of royalty.

> That being said, this is a "real" book. I'm listed on
> amazon.com, and other online bookstores, I have an ISBN number, I am
> registered with Library of Congress, etc.

> since when is DIY a bad thing?
Oh, xtine, nothing is wrong with it! Being an independent bookseller, I think it's great! I know a few agents, and they can be like sharks. (Especially the agent Sandra Dijkstra who went on to publish "The Joy Luck Club") No, you have me all wrong. I think it's totally brilliant, publishing your book the way YOU want ( No pesky editors deciding what sort of cover the book should have and whatnot ) Plus you have full creative import. (No one is going to tell you that you have to take this bit out of chapter five or anything. It's your baby, and you can do whatever you wish with it!) I wish you good luck and I also think it's impressive you are on Amazon, have your own ISBN, and are registered with the Library Of Congress. I think more potential authors should go the route you chose. Good luck to you. Cheers!

> My sentiments exactly. I also have a series of handsome journals blazed
> with the portraits of writers: Joyce, Woolfe, Dickens etc. that I,
> likewise, can not bring myself to scribble in.
I know, it's as if you are looking at the creamy page of the journal, and it's so beautiful you want to leave it alone! I have about 10 blank Moleskines ( about the size of a trade paperback ) and they are so lovely, and they have such a history behind them, I am afraid of even writing in them in pencil. Those other journals you have sound wonderful, too! I used to just buy cheap notebooks at the store, you know, notebooks with ruled pages for schoolkids. But now I'm spoiled with the Moleskines.

Back
Top Bottom