Morrissey to appear on Irish television Wednesday 17th December

Re: Morrissey to appear on Irish television tomorrow Wednesday 17th December

That's a bugger, we don't get it round our way.
Why isn't RTE on Sky???

I saw the promo for this last week and, I could be wrong, but it looked like a re-run of the interview he did around the time of "Ringleader" with Fanning. Hopefully not :). I'll be staying-up past me bedtime, anyhow..

the film that's on afterwards Les Choristes is worth staying up for also ;-)

Was that actually an interview Fanning did? I thought it was a broadcast of an DVD interview he did that was given away with a French Magazine in 2005/2006?

Was that actually an interview Fanning did? I thought it was a broadcast of an DVD interview he did that was given away with a French Magazine in 2005/2006?

That sounds familiar. Was he wearing a black shirt and seated in front of a biggish window with trees in the background for that DVD? That's what the promo looked like, but hopefully it's a new interview and my rapidly deteriorating memory is decieving me about last week.

I watched it in 2006, and there were trees in the background - I thought that the interview was done at Marlay Park! However after the broadcast some people pointed out that RTE pulled a fast one.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=06/09/18/173240

OT: Am I remembering it correctly or was Moz once a guest on "Kenny Live" in the late '80's?

OT: Am I remembering it correctly or was Moz once a guest on "Kenny Live" in the late '80's?

Really?!?!?!?:eek:

I normally avoid the bully-boy of elderly neighbours, but would definitely have watched that!

Knowing RTE I would think it's a repeat.I'm sure if Dave Fanning had a new interview filmed with Morrissey we would have heard something about it by now.
But I'll be staying up anyway just in case.

Just in case this isn't a repeat is anyone planning to record this? :pray:

Dave Fanning started his radio show off earlier by playing In The Future When All's Well.He then said that Morrissey is playing in Killarney and Galway next year and he's featured on tonights the last broadcast as a result of topping a poll by viewers of who they would most like to see on the show.

He didn't say if it's a repeat but my guess is that it is.

My guess......it's a repeat, Fanning show lately is just a load of re-runs of past interviews. Still, Morrissey on TV, I've no problems with that!

Does anybody know where to download this?

from http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/moz-ri.htm
4 November 2002 - Dave Fanning (2FM, Ireland)
2-part Morrissey interview by Dave Fanning recorded at the time he was in Dublin on the 2002 tour. The interview was also recorded for television and shown on "The Last Broadcast" on Ireland's Network 2 in November 2003.
Read transcript offsite on Morrissey-solo

Many thanks
- Joe

Does anybody know where to download this?

from http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/moz-ri.htm
4 November 2002 - Dave Fanning (2FM, Ireland)
2-part Morrissey interview by Dave Fanning recorded at the time he was in Dublin on the 2002 tour. The interview was also recorded for television and shown on "The Last Broadcast" on Ireland's Network 2 in November 2003.
Read transcript offsite on Morrissey-solo

Many thanks
- Joe

Have you searched http://smithstorrents.co.uk ?

so was it rerun or a new interview?
oh and the transcript would be interesting to read..but i have yet to find it here

Dave Fanning started his radio show off earlier by playing In The Future When All's Well.He then said that Morrissey is playing in Killarney and Galway next year and he's featured on tonights the last broadcast as a result of topping a poll by viewers of who they would most like to see on the show.

He didn't say if it's a repeat but my guess is that it is.

so was it rerun or a new interview?
oh and the transcript would be interesting to read..but i have yet to find it here

Have you read Irish Budd's post?

12th November 2002 intervew transcript

Lots of trademark gurning in this interview :)
Fanning said that they had asked the public what they most wanted to see on the show and the response was a Morrissey interview!

Back
Top Bottom