Morrissey Official Twitter created - @officialmoz

UPDATE Sep. 18, 2017:

Posted by DrStatham:

First tweet from the account...

https://twitter.com/officialmoz

Has no-one noticed the @mozofficial twitter account? Only 10 followers!

Posted by Famous when dead:

40726_officialmoz_twitter.jpg

Posted by an anonymous person:

And it's verified so it's real

Last edited by a moderator:
You can tell how fascinating whatever Morrissey happens to be doing at a given time is when the thread turns into a discussion of David Bowie...

It's definitely true that Mick Ronson and the other Spiders could and should have shared a bit more in Bowie's good fortune once the serious money started to come in. But the idea that Mick was simply paid peanuts and then tossed away like a soiled Kleenex is wide of the mark.

Mick was on £45 per week, which equates to a salary of about £35K in today's money. Not much when you're talking about one of the defining rock musicians of his generation, but also not a starvation wage. And, for most of the time he was with Bowie, Bowie was a commercial flop. Mick's salary was much more than could be justified by the amount of money the band was bringing in. Bowie was subsidising him, at first using money he still had from "Space Oddity", then when that ran out, Bowie took less and less of the band's money for himself.

Bowie probably didn't up the money later on partly because he didn't really control the money and either chickened out of arguing the case with the manager, Tony Defries, or else got overruled. But also probably partly because it came to a head when the bassist, Trevor Bolder, got angry about it (understandably so) and confronted Bowie. That seems to have got Bowie's back up and made the issue more difficult to resolve. Bowie's logic: regardless of the rights and wrongs of this, how dare you shout the odds after I sacrificed myself for two years to pay your wages? I wouldn't call this totally fair, but it's also not evil.

After disbanding the Spiders, Bowie did not just abandon Mick, but continued to work with him and invested a lot of money (probably much more than he could have ever realistically given him as a pay rise) in his solo career. He also wrote/co-wrote three tracks on Mick's debut album. After Mick was diagnosed with cancer, Bowie part-paid for his treatment, along with a few other wealthy friends (one was the singer out of Def Leppard).

I'm not saying he was treated entirely fairly, but there are two sides to the story.

A great read. Well wrote, and very interesting.
Thank you.

Spin refrence here as a source and also say:
"Yesterday, we learned that legendary curmudgeon Morrissey had joined Twitter, the internet’s legendary curmudgeon hive mind. “f***ing great,” we said. “I know of no one whose Donald Trump @ replies and extremely posthumous Harambe opinions I would like to see more than Steven Patrick Morrissey’s.” At 4:39 p.m. Eastern today, Morrissey’s first tweet arrived."

https://www.spin.com/2017/09/morrissey-first-tweet-spent-the-day-in-bed-new-song/

Regards,
FWD.

He's now talking in tongues. ;)

20170919_025236.png

Regards,
FWD.

Oregon, California, Arizona, Utah, Illinois, Michigan, Washington DC,
New York?
The others I can't think of right now.

i was really hoping he was going off his rocker and speaking in tongues !

but they're just states that he will bless and grace with his mighty and holy presence ! :rock:

GET READY PEOPLE !!! :D

i was really hoping he was going off his rocker and speaking in tongues !

but they're just states that he will bless and grace with his mighty and holy presence ! :rock:

GET READY PEOPLE !!! :D

Yes, I was really hoping for that too! :D
Speaking in tongues and getting mean and sarky.
There is still time for that . :)

Hello Moz-fans in America, wake up!
Or not? Spend the day in bed? :p
But check your twiiter, your favourite Moz fan site and your bank account. :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom