Morrissey and fans over the last few weeks

Girl-Afraid

Least Likely To
I just wanted to post about this as it's bugging me a bit.
Since signing up to the forum, most fans have been on a rollercoaster of Morrissey fandom.
What I mean by that is, when he began writing on true to you last month, most users spoke fondly of him and his personal messages. Bearing in mind, this is the REAL Morrissey and his REAL thoughts.

On the other hand, most of the interviews/press that he does have been manipulated to the upmost level. Watered down and chinese whispers of a sort.
I know he has said some very controversial things in the past and more presently but we all know he is a showman and at the same time he is very true to himself. He wouldn't give up his beliefs for an award or recognition by mainstream culture, like alot of celebs these days.

If he wasn't so 'Morrissey-esque' he would be boring and we wouldn't be on here talking about him.

Opinions welcome.

Since signing up to the forum, most fans have been on a rollercoaster of Morrissey fandom.
What I mean by that is, when he began writing on true to you last month, most users spoke fondly of him and his personal messages. Bearing in mind, this is the REAL Morrissey and his REAL thoughts.

On the other hand, most of the interviews/press that he does have been manipulated to the upmost level. Watered down and chinese whispers of a sort.
I know he has said some very controversial things in the past and more presently but we all know he is a showman and at the same time he is very true to himself. He wouldn't give up his beliefs for an award or recognition by mainstream culture, like alot of celebs these days.

If he wasn't so 'Morrissey-esque' he would be boring and we wouldn't be on here talking about him.

Opinions welcome.

How have his interviews been "manipulated?" Are you saying he's been misquoted, or that the extremely moronic nonsense that he's proffered of late should just be overlooked because he's Morrissey?

How have his interviews been "manipulated?" Are you saying he's been misquoted, or that the extremely moronic nonsense that he's proffered of late should just be overlooked because he's Morrissey?

The headlines are manipulated. The are reformed into a story which suites the publisher's angle to attract attention and generate income. That's what they do for a living. It's real life and it affects real people. It happens everyday, not just Morrissey

Opinions welcome.

Well, what is your point exactly? That his interviews are manipulated? If so, please substantiate, or there is nothing to give an opinion on.

Opinions welcome.

I think he's tired of interviews because it's always the same questions so maybe he's playing around with the answers a bit, whereas his tiny tty essays are structured and thought out and he's writing to himself more than writing to "the press" which puts a bad taste in his mouth? I dunno. They are different though. My theory was that he was answering the interviews while drunk just to get them over with. :p

My point was that most people seem to be taking the interviews at face value, forgetting that most of the time these are manipulated in some way or another.
Yes I do think the press contrive most interviews with any celebrity to sensationalize them and sell newspapers.
I also wanted to make the point that whatever Morrissey says he has always stayed true to himself and hasn't changed because society wants him to. Most of us like him for his music AND his personality over the years and yes I do agree some things he has come out with of late have been a little naive for want of a better word.
I also think what he wrote on true-to-you was a true depiction of himself and most people should take that over his rants with the media, because as we all know he has little time for the press and doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Last edited:
The headlines are manipulated. The are reformed into a story which suites the publisher's angle to attract attention and generate income. That's what they do for a living. It's real life and it affects real people. It happens everyday, not just Morrissey

Yeah I know how it works. I'm saying the bottom line is that he either DID or DID NOT say those actual words.

Back
Top Bottom