Misspressings thread

Please post your Smiths/Morrissey misspressings here.

I've got 'Hatful Of Hollow' l.p. that plays the b-side on both sides but it's labelled with the A & B side!

love

Grim

Apart from some well known misspressings (Suedehead cassette, YJHEIYB 12" etc.) I've got a German Piccadilly Palare white label 12" that plays the B-side at both sides.

Take care, Marcel

yes,but then,those people are paid for their job
and are expected to do what they need,but again,they screw up...
anyway,dont like misspress items,except the Satan rejected my soul
7" and cassette single:p

Yep the Earls Court LP is funny..."The World Is Full Of Crashing Boars"..haha.

Apart from that I have the mispressed Shopflifters 12" (which plays "You Just Haven't Earnt It Yet, Baby" instead of the title track) and some of the obvious mispressed sleeve ones (Hatful with missing dot on the back, Satan 7", German Some Girls.. 12"). Oh..and a heavily mispressed copy of the Peepholism book :rolleyes:.

Is the Grey Girlfriend 12" (and the Green 7") a mispress or was it released deliberately?

I have to agree with doctor here, i don't find the mispresses too exciting (but I wouldn't mind having an Italian mispressed "William" 12 inch :o)..)

Another thought on the Earls Court l.p. I wonder if it was Morrissey that asked for it to be written up like that, he does his set-lists in a similar fashion!

love

Grim

Hi Grim, Moz made a remark about it in his TTY message from September 2006:

"
Whilst wandering in Paris I find an LP copy of "Live at Earls Court" which surprises me since I had no idea it had ever been pressed on vinyl. I then notice that the track 'The World is Full of Crashing Bores' is printed as 'The World is Full of Crashing Boars,' a mistake that is repeated inside on the label. Further, 'The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get' is listed as 'The More You Ignore Me,' and 'Bigmouth Strikes Again' is misprinted as the obligatory 'Big Mouth Strikes Again.' It is difficult for me to understand how anything of this nature could be misread and THEN misprinted without some determined effort. But it is not as bad as the original UK CD copies of "Your Arsenal" which have the immortal line: 'Track 1 taken from the album Your Arsenal,' printed on the label!
Or, the original LP copies of "Kill Uncle" in the UK, which have me, named as ...Morrisey......sigh.
It is not unreasonable to assume that all people who work in record companies have eyes that are too large for their sockets......"

:D

Love
-crsp-

Last edited:
i remember 5-6 years ago someone bought an LP of pink floyd's the wall LP with the red ink in blood written "the wall" on the front cover for more than 2000$
those were only copies in world
so,someone working in Jugoton,yugoslavian famous record company pressed few copies on his own idea,and someone later earned lots of money...
i assume lots of misspressing happens by actually knowing that item will be misspressed...
:p

Just how rare are these mispressed items? I`ve got the suedehead cassette single but i expect so have lots of other people too. How few of the item would have to be in circulation before it is classed as rare.

yes,but then,those people are paid for their job
and are expected to do what they need,but again,they screw up...
anyway,dont like misspress items,except the Satan rejected my soul
7" and cassette single:p

Technically these are not mispressings. They don't exist otherwise. It's the way they were designed.

Stephane

Have you earned it baby??

So it begs the question was the shoplifters a mis pressing or was it going to be released as a single ????

You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby 12"

So this cover it begs the question was the shoplifters mis press 12" a mis pressing or was it going to be released as a single ????

Yes it was planned to be released as a single at some point, test pressings were even, well, pressed. Then they changed their minds in favour of "Shoplifters Of The World Unite".

Stephane

Apart from some well known misspressings (Suedehead cassette, YJHEIYB 12" etc.) I've got a German Piccadilly Palare white label 12" that plays the B-side at both sides.

Take care, Marcel

I have the 12" vinyl misspressing of Suedehead

Back
Top Bottom