Madonna on Liveearth

I'm not a huge fan of Madonna, and I don't have any of her records. But I really enjoyed her set last night. She's getting better as she gets older.

Me too -- I enjoyed her performance more than I expected to. I was very impressed that she played the guitar: you can tell she's not exactly Jeff Beck (she had to look at her left hand when she changed chords), but kudos to her for learning and trying new things. Most established artists of her age aren't really challenging themselves to that extent.

I saw Shakira play the guitar too at Live Earth.
Makes you wonder if it's going to be the new trend, girls with guitars instead of choreography...

Perhaps you can enlighten me,then?
IF the people involved want to do a project together..it's up to them.I certainly don't see it as "selling out" ( a ridiculous phrase meaning very little)

Of course it's up to them, but do artists not have an obligation to their fans too? Hello, we're the ones keeping them in a job! Not just that, but Morrissey would be seriously compromising his artistic integrity by duetting with anyone of such comparatively lowly talent. Do you not see that?

I saw Shakira play the guitar too at Live Earth.
Makes you wonder if it's going to be the new trend, girls with guitars instead of choreography...

I hardly think you can say that Madonna doesn't rely heavily on choreography.

Coiff.

Of course it's up to them, but do artists not have an obligation to their fans too? Hello, we're the ones keeping them in a job!
Coiff.

AN artist has NO obligation except to him or her self.
To me,selling out is a "fan's" concept when an artist does something that the "fan" doesn't like.
A true artist shouldn't give a toss about anyone else's perception of their work.
Surely,if they did and that affected their work
..THAT would be the real sell out?

f***ING HELL:what a set!
Diverse,crazy,rocking,mad,energetic and fab

Loved how different all 4 performances were:
start off with a slow ballad c/w with English schoolkids choir in uniform
move on to one of the most "rawking" performances I've ever seen turning Wembley into a jumping mass
then,why not go on to an almost sublime/weird Eurovision version of La Isla Bonita complete with the craziest gypsies on earth

and finish off wth Jump transorming Wembley into a club i would actually like to have been at.

Total respect to MAD donna...
Does anybody have this to download - I saw 2/3rds of the set and thought it was pretty darn good!

Cheers,

Smug

Does anybody have this to download - I saw 2/3rds of the set and thought it was pretty darn good!

Cheers,

Smug

It's over here, of course.
I agree that it was easily the highlight of Live Earth.
She looked stunning as well.
Great outfit, too

LOL, what a beautifull voice, so natural and yeah that's what you call a show!

what happened man?

Back
Top Bottom