Kevin Cummings 0 Linder Sterling 3

T

Tingle

Since there's been such a lot of fuss made about Kevin Cummings and his old photos and new book , la-de-da, I would like to add that 'Morrissey Shot' by Linder Sterling is, in my humble opinion, far superior. I guess she benefits from the fact that Morrissey is that much closer to him and so he's more relaxed and natural in the pictures. (see p113 for Morrissey in the bath tub!) Nothing that Cummings showed is more recent or intimate than Morrissey Shot which illustrates the spectacular Kill Uncle tour.

BTW does Michael Bracewell actually exist? He wrote the foreward for Linder's book and his own analysis of British pop "England is Mine" makes about 77 references to Morrissey. Perhaps Michael is actually the writer AKA Morrissey?

Curiously, in the village of Bracewell, Lancashire, the church is "St Michael's". [see link] What are the chances of that?

St Michael's, Bracewell, Lancs
engcover.jpg

Michael Bracewell does exist, he is not an alter-ego of Morrissey. Bracewell is a writer, a commentator on popular music and contemporary society. A bit of a clever, speccy geezer.

> Michael Bracewell does exist, he is not an alter-ego of Morrissey.
> Bracewell is a writer, a commentator on popular music and contemporary
> society. A bit of a clever, speccy geezer.

And incidentally married to a certain Linder Sterling....

is that linder sterling book an old one, or is it even out yet?

> is that linder sterling book an old one, or is it even out yet?

Deleted in the UK me'thinks. It occasionally turns up on amazon though, so get searching.

M.Bracewell is a bit too clever for me, "England is Mine" confuses me after the first three sentences.

Michael Bracewell

> BTW does Michael Bracewell actually exist? He wrote the foreward for
> Linder's book and his own analysis of British pop "England is
> Mine" makes about 77 references to Morrissey. Perhaps Michael is
> actually the writer AKA Morrissey?

Michael Bracewell is also responsible for possibly the most depressing novel I have ever read, St. Rachel, which is about "Transexuality and Prozac in London, murder in Paris and cancer in Lourdes. This novel details the slide into depression of 30-year-old John White, aimlessly cast adrift once his wife has abandoned him. "

Beautifully written, but incredibly depressing.

STH

oh, and isn't Michael Bracwell married to Linda Sterling

> is that linder sterling book an old one, or is it even out yet?

I think it came out at the end of '92 or early '93.

Michael Bracewell

> BTW does Michael Bracewell actually exist? He wrote the foreward for
> Linder's book and his own analysis of British pop "England is
> Mine" makes about 77 references to Morrissey. Perhaps Michael is
> actually the writer AKA Morrissey?

Yes Tingle Michael Bracewell does indeed exist. For awhile he was becoming my favourite contemporary author. His "Divine Concepts of Beauty" published in 1990 is that, a work of beauty. One of those works of literature where you slowly soak up every word and passage. "St Rachel" isn't that bad, and besides the odd depressing novel is just another form of expression. However the ending is rather woeful. It's as if Michael couldn't be arsed writing anymore and produced one of the worse endings I've read. He's also written "The Conclave", "The Crypto-Amensia Club" which I've enjoyed. Last year he released "Perfect Tense", which I haven't read.

I liked this from "The Crypto-Ammensia Club" I copied it into my notebook. (Maybe one day it'll appear in a song!)

"Lisa! the girl who forced me to witness the chilling transformation of friendship into politeness; the slow way down."

His books should be avaliable at all good public libraries, just ask a librarian. I never knew he was married to Linder. I always thought she was single. Just imagine the conversation at the table if they invite Morrissey over for tea.

Back
Top Bottom