Kevin Keegan kissed Maggie Thatcher

K

KKK

They showed old pictures on telly the other day of Kevin Keegan back in the day of when he played for England and when the entire team met Maggie Thatcher who was then Prime Minister, Keegan kissed her cheek.....

I just thought some here should now about the fact that the current Manchester City Manager is and always was a complete wanker and those old pictures really did prove it big time.

"To call Kegan a superstar is stretching a point. He's been very, very lucky an average player who came into the game when it was short of personalities. He's not fit to lace my boots as a player."

George Best on Kevin Keegan.

> "To call Kegan a superstar is stretching a point. He's been very,
> very lucky an average player who came into the game when it was short of
> personalities. He's not fit to lace my boots as a player."

> George Best on Kevin Keegan.

Kevin Keegan was a decent footballer, but his managerial career is laughable, he walked into the Newcastle job with no experience whatsoever, spent millions and won nothing. Didn't really do anything at Fulham, walked into the England job, an absolute disgrace, easily the worst England manager ever, considering this is supposed to be the height of management for an English manager for someone to get the job on the basis of their "personality" when their was no other English manager worthy of the job is why they have had to turn to Sven Goran Erikson to sort out the mess of years and years of dinasour management by everyone who has governed the England game over the past 3 decades. Man Ciy are lucky that they are a big club, otherwise Keegan will run them into the ground financially.

Re: Massive, mate, massive

Man City are not only a big club, they're MASSIVE!!!

Keegan, the Truth

He did nothing at Newcastle??
He took them from going into the 2nd Division to runners up in the Premier.
Fulham, he did nothing.
Took them from no where going out of business in the 3rd division to the first division and set the seeds for Fulham's current plight.
England - fair point. But tell me which manager of England since Alf Ramsey has done ANYTHING? And dont quote the cockney wide boy Venables. One good win against Holland in Euro 96 and the cockney press worship him.
And as for Man City.... well, Premier league Champs this time next year.
You can always tell that the red twats are getting worried when they start talking about us all of a sudden. You know, the song about going up and going down, MASSIVE comments etc.
But talk to a red twat (usually a home counties wanker) and they say 'oh, Liverpool and Leeds are our rivals'. But they will know when they have been Keeganised next season.
the tide has turned. there is a new order in town now. The futures bright. The future is LASER BLUE.....

Re: Massive, mate, massive

It's laughable innit, when A top football manager, ex-player can be brought in to question because he kissed the person who thought herself to be queen of England? & how can people knock his achievements in football, he didn't do so bad as a player & he's certainly doing all right as a manager, he f***ed up as England manager but he admitted it & left the job, what's wrong with that, at least he has the humility to get out.
At least one of the Manchester clubs managers brought silverware back to Manchester this season, well done Our Kev.
Grim

Re: Keegan, the Truth

Yea fair enough he got Newcastle promoted, and nearly won the Prem with 'em, but he had to spend vasts amount of money in the process, their spectacular faliure in losing a 15-20 point lead or whatever it was shows how much tactical ability he really has. He did nothing at Fulham whatsoever, Micky Adams got them out of div 3 and consoladated them in Div 2, while Keegan was there he simply got Ray Wilkins to do all the donkey work. Fair enough Man City can afford to have a manager like Keegan who needs vasts amount of money to do anything, and will throw money at any problem he is faced with. They will stay up next season. As you can tell I can not stand Kevin Keegan, the idea of anyone getting well to do jobs on the basis of their personality rather than ability is repulsive to me, doesn't matter if its in football or in the real world job market.

As for England, Hoddle did a decent job, and is a good manager, but he is clearly a nutty bible basher. As an employer if someone I had employed held those views they would be out of here sharpish. Venables was OK, but is completely bent. Bobby Robson did well in the end while he was in charge of the National team. At the end of the day Brian Clough should have got the England job all them years ago.

> He did nothing at Newcastle??
> He took them from going into the 2nd Division to runners up in the
> Premier.
> Fulham, he did nothing.
> Took them from no where going out of business in the 3rd division to the
> first division and set the seeds for Fulham's current plight.
> England - fair point. But tell me which manager of England since Alf
> Ramsey has done ANYTHING? And dont quote the cockney wide boy Venables.
> One good win against Holland in Euro 96 and the cockney press worship him.
> And as for Man City.... well, Premier league Champs this time next year.
> You can always tell that the red twats are getting worried when they start
> talking about us all of a sudden. You know, the song about going up and
> going down, MASSIVE comments etc.
> But talk to a red twat (usually a home counties wanker) and they say 'oh,
> Liverpool and Leeds are our rivals'. But they will know when they have
> been Keeganised next season.
> the tide has turned. there is a new order in town now. The futures bright.
> The future is LASER BLUE.....

> He did nothing at Newcastle??
> He took them from going into the 2nd Division to runners up in the
> Premier.
> Fulham, he did nothing.
> Took them from no where going out of business in the 3rd division to the
> first division and set the seeds for Fulham's current plight.
> England - fair point. But tell me which manager of England since Alf
> Ramsey has done ANYTHING? And dont quote the cockney wide boy Venables.
> One good win against Holland in Euro 96 and the cockney press worship him.
> And as for Man City.... well, Premier league Champs this time next year.
> You can always tell that the red twats are getting worried when they start
> talking about us all of a sudden. You know, the song about going up and
> going down, MASSIVE comments etc.
> But talk to a red twat (usually a home counties wanker) and they say 'oh,
> Liverpool and Leeds are our rivals'. But they will know when they have
> been Keeganised next season.
> the tide has turned. there is a new order in town now. The futures bright.
> The future is LASER BLUE.....

Apparently the 2nd favourite team of Man City fans is Glasgow Rangers.I am not a Celtic fan and I never really had anything against Man City until I heard that but anyone with an ounce of football knowledge knows that Rangers are right wing scumbags.

I'm a blue & I'm not in to rangers, so there you go!
Grim

> Apparently the 2nd favourite team of Man City fans is Glasgow Rangers.I am
> not a Celtic fan and I never really had anything against Man City until I
> heard that but anyone with an ounce of football knowledge knows that
> Rangers are right wing scumbags.

> Apparently the 2nd favourite team of Man City fans is Glasgow Rangers.I am
> not a Celtic fan and I never really had anything against Man City until I
> heard that but anyone with an ounce of football knowledge knows that
> Rangers are right wing scumbags.

OOOOO talk about generalisations what about the samll number of Catholic Rangers fans, don't know why they would support Rangers but they do exist.

My top 10 list of personal hatred for certain football clubs reads:

1 - Sheff Wed
2 - Leeds Utd
3 - Rangers
4 - Everton
5 - Man City
6 - Barnsley
7 - Arsenal
8 - Chelsea
9 - Red Star Belgrade
10 - Lazio

> OOOOO talk about generalisations what about the samll number of Catholic
> Rangers fans, don't know why they would support Rangers but they do exist.

> My top 10 list of personal hatred for certain football clubs reads:

> 1 - Sheff Wed
> 2 - Leeds Utd
> 3 - Rangers
> 4 - Everton
> 5 - Man City
> 6 - Barnsley
> 7 - Arsenal
> 8 - Chelsea
> 9 - Red Star Belgrade
> 10 - Lazio

Well I live in Scotland Billy, and have never met a Catholic Rangers fan in my life . As there are constant anti-Catholic songs throughout the 90 minutes at Ibrox I suppose there may be some who get perverse joy out of such a setting.

A little like a black person being a member of the BNP:).Both the Old Firm have particularly nasty elements.I suppose in Celtics defense they always bought and played players regardless of religion whilst Rangers would not sign a Catolic for over 100 years.

Still... what do I know..being an Albion Rovers fan and a Buddhist.

> Well I live in Scotland Billy, and have never met a Catholic Rangers fan
> in my life . As there are constant anti-Catholic songs throughout the 90
> minutes at Ibrox I suppose there may be some who get perverse joy out of
> such a setting.

> A little like a black person being a member of the BNP:).Both the Old Firm
> have particularly nasty elements.I suppose in Celtics defense they always
> bought and played players regardless of religion whilst Rangers would not
> sign a Catolic for over 100 years.

> Still... what do I know..being an Albion Rovers fan and a Buddhist.

An Albion Rovers fan and a Buddhist, may I be the first on here to congratulate you ?

> An Albion Rovers fan and a Buddhist, may I be the first on here to
> congratulate you ?

Thank you Billy. Our season tickets are super value at £80.00 which does for the all league games and the 1st round of the 3 cup competitions.Perhaps you should get yourself one?....

> Thank you Billy. Our season tickets are super value at £80.00 which does
> for the all league games and the 1st round of the 3 cup
> competitions.Perhaps you should get yourself one?....

£80 is that standard price or with some sort of concessions ? Match day tickets at Sheffield United next season will be about £20, I can't remember how much it was for me to renew my season ticket of the top of my head but it was somewhere in the region of £350, if they weren't renewed by April 20th, the prices would have started going up already - bloody mercenaries.

> £80 is that standard price or with some sort of concessions ? Match day
> tickets at Sheffield United next season will be about £20, I can't
> remember how much it was for me to renew my season ticket of the top of my
> head but it was somewhere in the region of £350, if they weren't renewed
> by April 20th, the prices would have started going up already - bloody
> mercenaries.

£80.00 is an adult ground ticket. The greatest thing about football at that level is the humour of the fans.Albion Rovers have been promoted out of the bottom league in Scottish football only twice in 120 years!!

The other amazing thing is the knowledge of the fans in world football terms. If you want to know the name of the St Etienne left back someone there will know it.And of course you are on first name terms with all the fans and everyone else from the tea lady to the groundsman!

Back
Top Bottom