Joyce's letters - "I know you must hate me"

Young And Alive

Morrissey says in Autobiography that Joyce sent him two letters after the court case, one of which begins "I know you must hate me..."

In true Moz style he doesn't really disclose what the rest of the letters say. Was Joyce pleading for a Smiths reunion?

Morrissey says in Autobiography that Joyce sent him two letters after the court case, one of which begins "I know you must hate me..."

In true Moz style he doesn't really disclose what the rest of the letters say. Was Joyce pleading for a Smiths reunion?

You think Joyce wrote suggesting a reunion RIGHT AFTER the court case?!

You think Joyce wrote suggesting a reunion RIGHT AFTER the court case?!

Well he does seem to be the only member of the Smiths eager for a reunion. And the only member most certainly to be excluded should any reunion ever occur.

Well he does seem to be the only member of the Smiths eager for a reunion. And the only member most certainly to be excluded should any reunion ever occur.

If Mike Joyce had written asking about a reunion Morrissey would have certainly put that in his book, though. If we're guessing what he wrote, I'm sure it wasn't anything that would embarrass him, or we'd know all about it. He probably said something about having fond memories of the past and that the lawsuit was just business.

If Mike Joyce had written asking about a reunion Morrissey would have certainly put that in his book, though. If we're guessing what he wrote, I'm sure it wasn't anything that would embarrass him, or we'd know all about it. He probably said something about having fond memories of the past and that the lawsuit was just business.

That was my interpretation too.

Whether Joyce was right or wrong to sue Morrissey and Marr (I suppose only the three of them will know the answer to that), it would have been a nice touch for Joyce to have written a note like that to Morrissey, although very naive.

Re: morrissey owes mike joyce

25% of his twitter followers.

Back
Top Bottom