Johnny Marr to join Moz onstage at GMEX

the king

Banned
Anyone else heard the rumour that Johnny Marr might be joining Morrissey on stage at GMEX in Manchester?
It's going round on myspace and i'm starting to think it could be true.

LOL! It's a rumour, don't take it seriously!:p

Many things we now know to be true started out as rumours.
I'm as sceptical as the next person, but given that someone i know at Manchester XFM has just told me it's 99% certain, I think the joke may soon be on you :cool:

Many things we now know to be true started out as rumours.
I'm as sceptical as the next person, but given that someone i know at Manchester XFM has just told me it's 99% certain, I think the joke may soon be on you :cool:

Thank you very much in advance!
I've got tickets of G-Mex gigs so I'll witness the event with my eyes.;)

LOL!

It would be so daft anyway. Marr's guitar style nowadays is nothing like his Smiths stuff. It would so cheesy and naff for him to come on with his green Tele or his Rickenbacker or whatever and start reeling off all those old licks.

it looks like the king is trying to start the rumours. "someone i know at Manchester XFM has just told me it's 99% certain." Sure dude, sure.

this rumour occurs every tour. they will never be true. and the king just posted the most cliche way to start a rumour. "Someone i know at [insert place that sounds credible]"

it's amazing how, ovrer the years, so many morrissey fans have good friends at high places in the music industry...magazines, radio stations, record labels...

so why must you start such rumours?

Last edited:
it's amazing how, ovrer the years, so many morrissey fans have good friends at high places in the music industry...magazines, radio stations, record labels...

my question is, why don't they use those friendships to get Moz more airplay? ;)

it looks like the king is trying to start the rumours. "someone i know at Manchester XFM has just told me it's 99% certain." Sure dude, sure.

this rumour occurs every tour. they will never be true. and the king just posted the most cliche way to start a rumour. "Someone i know at [insert place that sounds credible]"

Think what you like, but I only spoke to my friend at XFM after I had started this thread. It didn't occur to me to ask him if he'd heard anything, he rang me and told me what he knew.
As you won't be there, I can understand your reluctance to believe this story, but for those of us lucky enough to have tickets for this historic occasion it really is exciting news.

Take That and party

That's what Take That fans deluded themselves this summer - that Robbie would join them at the gigs at City's ground..........
Still, nice rumour, should shift a few more tickets.....

The Goat

Think what you like, but I only spoke to my friend at XFM after I had started this thread. It didn't occur to me to ask him if he'd heard anything, he rang me and told me what he knew.
As you won't be there, I can understand your reluctance to believe this story, but for those of us lucky enough to have tickets for this historic occasion it really is exciting news.

I take it you'll be on here the day after the show to tell us what a great sight it was seeing Moz and Marr on stage together again?

Thought not.

Quit making up rumours and get a life.

and why would someone at a radio station know? what purpose does it serve? why don't they report it?

listen buddy, either you really are trying to start a rumor, or you really really believe Johnny Marr will be on stage with moz at the gig. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN>>>THESE RUMOURS OCCUR ALL THE TIME AND ALWAYS FROM 'SOMEONE' FROM WITHIN THE INDUSTRY. so f*** off already. actually...no you are right, it will happen. this 'historic' event will happen. i'm just saying this because i think it will be great to have your heart ...'broken'.

and why would someone at a radio station know? what purpose does it serve? why don't they report it?

listen buddy, either you really are trying to start a rumor, or you really really believe Johnny Marr will be on stage with moz at the gig. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN>>>THESE RUMOURS OCCUR ALL THE TIME AND ALWAYS FROM 'SOMEONE' FROM WITHIN THE INDUSTRY. so f*** off already. actually...no you are right, it will happen. this 'historic' event will happen. i'm just saying this because i think it will be great to have your heart ...'broken'.

I can only hope that you'll be man enough to apologise for telling me to "f*** off" when all I've done is pass on some news I was given by a reliable source.

I can only hope that you'll be man enough to apologise for telling me to "f*** off" when all I've done is pass on some news I was given by a reliable source.

i'll for sure apologize when it happens. i have no problem with that. though i may forget...so please do make sure to come back and remind us all that you were the one who told us all.

provide us a link to the myspace pages one may find this rumor. please do...

so your firend rang you? your friend just happened to call you within the 20 minute time span between the time you started the thread, to the time you posted that oyu had a friend with XFM.

Don't you have servers to crash freeyourself?

LOL!

It would be so daft anyway. Marr's guitar style nowadays is nothing like his Smiths stuff. It would so cheesy and naff for him to come on with his green Tele or his Rickenbacker or whatever and start reeling off all those old licks.

i read his Q&A on his website and he claims to not even remember how to play the old classic smiths stuff

so your firend rang you? your friend just happened to call you within the 20 minute time span between the time you started the thread, to the time you posted that oyu had a friend with XFM.

Don't you have servers to crash freeyourself?

WTF? I just read a few of your old posts and it seems like everytime someone disagrees with you, you accuse them of being "freeyourself", which in your world seems to mean you win the argument.
If only life was so easy my dim-witted friend.
As I said, believe what you like, but your amateur Sherlock Holmes act really is embarrassing. I don't have to prove ANYTHING to you. I have posted in good faith, so f*** you, and the horse you rode in on.

For anyone else, I first read the rumour in the comments section on Morrissey's own myspace page, then saw it repeated on a few other Moz fans profiles.
My friend at XFM is Clint Boon, who you may remember played keyboards in The Inspiral Carpets, who rang me after a mutual friend told him what I had posted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom