Further to the statement on the 7th September on True To You Net - from a Fan.

I getcha, Afan. The press? Feh. Mostly lazy bottom feeding lunch grubbing guttersnipes filling column inches with whatever sells the most ad space, which is why I am no longer in that particular (show)biz. Soundbytes, that's all they're good for. So, a guy in the music business is interested in selling his art? Funny they impugn that, but not the fact that they owe their own jobs to the ad sales guys filling column inches with advertisments? Imagine their reaction if bands started selling space on their CD inserts to Ford, McDonalds, and drug companies??

Further proof of the decline of that once noble profession? Anybody hear about Banksy's invasion of Disneyland? Not from US media outlets. Google News it if you don't believe me, all you'll see is Australia/UK news sources. The US press are tiptoeing too gingerly around The Mouse's ad revenue to tell the nation that, even only for 90 minutes, the real world came to Disney.

Although I think numbers of downloads are interesting to hear, it's way too easy to manipulate and should't really be used to figure out the number one song. Because really, what's a number one song worth to the record company? Is it worth downloading it thousands of times for a dollar each? Probably. So, now the charts are bullsh&t too?? Moz had a right to complain.

Back
Top Bottom