First To Do This- Final Round running order

whoiseuan

Happy Passenger
Based on the results of the poll (i'm hoping that irish blood is gonna go through 5th in the last semi- you can swap it for lost or you have killed me if you want to) what order would you have the "Best Of Morrissey- Fan's Choice" play in.

1. Suedehead
2. First of the Gang To Die
3. Now My Heart Is Full
4. The National Front Disco
5. I Have Forgiven Jesus
6. Hairdresser On Fire
7. Late Night, Maudlin St
8. Irish Blood, English Heart
9. Everyday Is Like Sunday
10. Last of the Famous International Playboys
11. Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
12. Trouble Loves Me
13. Life Is A Pigsty
14. Jack The Ripper
15. Speedway

I would definitely say that Suedehead and Speedway should book-end it. The sweet jingly fade in of Suedehead and Speedway's spectacular climax are perfectly suited.

How much I like them, I just don't want Suedehead & Everyday is like Sunday to win. I don't know why, they're extremely good, but, well... we'll see:)

yeah, i don't think i want either suedehead or everyday to win either, i guess because they are the most obvious choices. but then again i think i could have predicted most of the songs that have gotten through. Trouble Loves Me and Jack The Ripper would be better choices to win. Not because they are definitively better than SH and EDILS but I think that its healthier for us Moz die-hards to pick songs that aren't so well known.

I know that if i were a casual listener of any artist and found out all the hardcore fans said all their most famous work was indeed their best work, i would be less inclined to continue discovering their work. I think that by championing songs that casual listeners/ beginners haven't heard of, we promote the fact that Morrissey's back catalogue does indeed contain both quantity and quality and that it can't be summed up by a simple "best of" purchase.

That's not a bad Greatest Hits; not what most fans would agree with, but something for everyone. Really pleased to see Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself so high up...

Best Wishes,

Peter

***EDIT*** - I recently found out that this song was an out-and-out rocker originally, and I'm pleased it turned out to be the ethereal acoustic wonder it is.

Last edited:
That's not a bad Greatest Hits; not what most fans would agree with, but something for everyone. Really pleased to see Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself so high up...

Best Wishes,

Peter

***EDIT*** - I recently found out that this song was an out-and-out rocker originally, and I'm pleased it turned out to be the ethereal acoustic wonder it is.

Why did I somehow think you would say such a thing? :)

After all Johan's hard work I do feel this is raining on his parade somewhat.
Let him have his final moment.

Hmmm, damn you're right. Not raining on his parade but definitely stealing his thunder. Johan, if you're reading, see it as a tribute i just got excited at the thought of a best of CD, morrissey-solo's choice. I'll be the first to start the Johan apprechiation thread after the polls are in. ;)

Back
Top Bottom