Don't throw away perfectly good food

My stepdad, who's from Yorkshire, still stops by the grocery store every day on the way home from work to buy the ingredients for dinner. While I'd like to say that that cuts down on their food waste, it DOESN'T. What's worse is that he & my mother don't recycle ANYTHING--cans, newspapers, bottles, etc. And the nearest grocery store is a couple miles from their house, so if anything, his daily shopping runs are costing them a shitload in gas. (I won't even tell you what MPG their cars get.)

Dear Lord, you mean he drives a couple of miles each day? And he doesn't recycle? And he throws some food away? Arrest that man before he single-handedly causes another cyclone in Burma.

I don't throw food away, but sometimes I make myself throw it up. I guess it's the same thing. I'm trying to stop.

Today I took my remaining table scraps put them in a ziplock bag then a large manilla envelope and marked it "Africa or another needy country." I hope the postman is not upset when he opens the mailbox tomorrow.

I don't drink alcohol ever.

That's because you're not legal yet. But kvass is very, very low in alcohol. It tastes kind of like mint tea.

http://www.hungrybrowser.com/phaedrus/m121201.htm#4

You can also cut it into cubes, shake it in a bag with a bit of olive oil, dried herbs, & salt, then put them in the oven until crisp to make better croutons than you'll ever find in a store.

That's because you're not legal yet. But kvass is very, very low in alcohol. It tastes kind of like mint tea.

http://www.hungrybrowser.com/phaedrus/m121201.htm#4

You can also cut it into cubes, shake it in a bag with a bit of olive oil, dried herbs, & salt, then put them in the oven until crisp to make better croutons than you'll ever find in a store.

I think I'll try the croutons. They sound yummy. :D

Actually, I could have all the alcohol I wanted if I wished. I can drive an hour and legally drink in Lousianna or I could just have someone buy it for me here. I just don't want to drink. It doesn't seem enjoyable to me.

I think I'll try the croutons. They sound yummy. :D

Actually, I could have all the alcohol I wanted if I wished. I can drive an hour and legally drink in Lousianna or I could just have someone buy it for me here. I just don't want to drink. It doesn't seem enjoyable to me.

Mango Margaritas - you need to try them.

Tags
bbc bullshit dumpster tldr
Back
Top Bottom