Describe how you dance to Morrissey

My favourite Morrissey songs make me glide and canter around the house, twisting my arms in complex (and very camp) movements. I then might spread my hands and arms out wide like a football fan holding a scarf, as if to stake my place in the universe.

This song temporarily resolves something in my head. It's saying, "You knew, you all knew how bad it's been for me. I did try to tell you. Nobody did much while they could." It's not encouraging anything morbid, being just thoughts. But you feel better for it, because you're no longer the only one.

xx

I love mixing a bit of his dance moves from The Smiths era with my own! I've made up my own full choreography to Sheila Take a Bow and when I'm feeling good I do it in front of my mirror at home. :) I just do what comes naturally to me! I love singing and dancing to his music more than anyone else's!

like this, of course ….

1716406765470.gif

I love mixing a bit of his dance moves from The Smiths era with my own! I've made up my own full choreography to Sheila Take a Bow and when I'm feeling good I do it in front of my mirror at home. :) I just do what comes naturally to me! I love singing and dancing to his music more than anyone else's!
Sheila Take A Bow is perfect for dancing to. I do admit that I'm also, like you say, basically doing things I've seen him do, or variations there of 😅 As a man his music seems to unlock the most camp version of me and then I wonder where that guy hides the rest of the time. I become a beginner in ballet.

like john travolta dancing to you should be dancing in saturday night fever when i come in on a friday night followed next morning with a visit to accident and emergency.

Last edited:
I strained a calf muscle with a horizontal kick to "The Teachers..." once. Around the 7.36 mark.

That's it exactly. A combination of every dance move ever demonstrated by Morrissey on every TV appearance he made with The Smiths and beyond - although the dance moves have sadly dwindled with the passing years. And then with a few extra moves thrown in for good luck. And the best song to dance to - What Difference Does It Make? It is why I think it is the best single by The Smiths. Every self respecting 'indie disco' DJ knows that if you play What Difference, the dance floor fills up straight away. Every time. Suedehead is a sure bet too.

Back
Top Bottom