Debates are Over: Time for a Vote: First of the Gang to Die vs. Staircase at the University

Which is the better song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obviously I didn't mean the character and I think you know that. But I see your point. :blushing:

Obviously I didn't mean the character and I think you know that. But I see your point. :blushing:

The actor Jim Parsons is gay. So he may in fact be a Moz fan--I know, I know, that is assuming and stereotyping. But I think Moz just named dropped TBBT precisely because that show is on the radar--a real hit. But he could just as easily mentioned Coronation Street if he made the statement when that show was in its height of popularity. His point was that TV numbs the mind... is an opiate that anesthetizes the masses... keeping them from being able to think critically. It pacifies us into inactivity. Dulls consciousness so that we are not aware of our oppression and will not protest the system. I tend to agree with Moz. But The Big Bang Theory is great, harmless fun. Everything in moderation. Nothing wrong with watching a few shows a week as long as it is balanced out with reading books and having stimulating, thought-provoking conversations with your fellow human beings.

Amendment: Btw, Sheldon never wore a Smiths shirt. This was a Photoshop job by yours truly. Fans of the show know that a t-shirt with geeky character or symbol and a long sleeve shirt underneath is Sheldon's trademark look. So I thought it would be funny to have him wearing a Smiths shirt. Would it be out of character for him to wear a Smiths shirt? Yes, definitely. But I think he looks smashing in that TQID shirt. Sheldon literally would ask, "Who are the Smiths? Are they that family down the street with that annoying barking dog?"

Last edited:
The actor Jim Parsons is gay. So he may in fact be a Moz fan--I know, I know, that is assuming and stereotyping. But I think Moz just named dropped TBBT precisely because that show is on the radar--a real hit. But he could just as easily mentioned Coronation Street if he made the statement when that show was in its height of popularity. His point was that TV numbs the mind... is an opiate that anesthetizes the masses... keeping them from being able to think critically. It pacifies us into inactivity. Dulls consciousness so that we are not aware of our oppression and will not protest the system. I tend to agree with Moz. But The Big Bang Theory is great, harmless fun. Everything in moderation. Nothing wrong with watching a few shows a week as long as it is balanced out with reading books and having stimulating, thought-provoking conversations with your fellow human beings.

Amendment: Btw, Sheldon never wore a Smiths shirt. This was a Photoshop job by yours truly. Fans of the show know that a t-shirt with geeky character or symbol and a long sleeve shirt underneath is Sheldon's trademark look. So I thought it would be funny to have him wearing a Smiths shirt. Would it be out of character for him to wear a Smiths shirt? Yes, definitely. But I think he looks smashing in that TQID shirt. Sheldon literally would ask, "Who are the Smiths? Are they that family down the street with that annoying barking dog?"

You really are sad.

An unquencable need to be heard

You really are sad.

mousetrap2.jpg

They are both very beautiful but , especially live , First of The Gang is an amazing song....so First of The Gang

Cheers Moz

Back
Top Bottom