Crap Bands

andy_fozzy said:
I'm quite fond of Keane tho, do you all think I should stop?
I don't listen to them very often.......

We all listen to a bit of crap.....it's ok! We're human!
As long as it's not Rap or Hip-Hop......I give my blessing......go ahead and listen to Keane as much as you want, you'll end up getting tired of it.
I too, listen to a few crappy "artists"
for instanse, I've been listening to Madonna's Erotica album lately....a lot actually. I'm not ashamed to do so, if you compare this record to any record from a new artist these days......Erotica wins big!

PS: When Eminem won an Oscar for that horrid song a few years ago, I literally vomited in my mouth......This year when those ghetto rap people won best song, I almost had a heart-attack....... how could that nasty ghetto song about hookers and pimps win over Dolly Parton's cute song "Travelin'" about hope??
I just don't get it!! It's defently the decline of civilization.

Last edited:
L'Estrange said:
I have to agree. Saw them when i saw Duran duran (my wife is a fan) and they were vile. Instead of knocking that guys hat off - let me decapitate him first.

Speaking of which, Duran Duran is my least favorite band ever...EVER (apologies to your wife). Followed closely by Alanis Morrissette, Live, Pearl Jam, Weezer, Dashboard Confessional, Saves the Day, Blink 182, and anything else contrived or devoid of melody (which also happens to include most rap, country, and metal)

lilybett said:
U2. Are the bane of my life.

Haha yeah. And Sons and Daughters ;)

I agree that U2 sucks nowadays, but they were good back in the day right? Achtung Baby anyone?

I used to like the sunday bloody sunday, the hands that make america stuff and electrical storm ...now I'm an old boy and hype don't affect me...I deserve a lolypop as prize

Aly Panic said:
I'm adding Keane....

Q. Who likes these f***ers?

A. Idiots who think they know about music!

I like Keane. Well, I haven't heard their new one, but the last one.

I also am amused that Morrissey is jealous of them.

I heard "Everything Changes" come on the radio inside a gas station where there was a big line. I noticed a diversity of people enjoying them as they waited. I can't imagine why someone would finger them as a "crap" band with all the truly crappy stuff being thrown at us on a daily basis.

Last edited:
I label Keane as "CRAP" becasue they are BOOOOOORING as hell!!!!
Un-inspiring and totally un-original. I wouldn't mind if they played their music on elevator rides, grocery stores, and gas stations all the time [infact, I welcome it, have you heard what other worse crap is played at those places? Oh God!] .....Keane's music is adequate for those settings in my opinion.......but for me to actually play their crappy music at home [where there's choice] is another story.

PS: Morrissey jealous of those geeks?.........I dont' think so! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Keane! Can't stand them. Borish. I recentely heard they were 'brought' together in boyband way. Which makes even more worse.

The Pet Shop Boys. All their songs sound the same and I don't know how they've got away with for so long. They should have released West End Girls and then split up, they would have at least been mildly interesting then.
Also girls who shout wail and wobble and make each note last a lifetime like Beyonce, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey and Christina Agriculture.

sarahT said:
Also girls who shout wail and wobble and make each note last a lifetime like Beyonce, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey and Christina Agriculture.

LOL...Thanx for mentioning these friggin bitches....I can't stand their forced singing and specially them, they totally suck ass! Christina is a filthy skank!
Mariah is a crazy ho! and Whitney is a f'd-up crack whore!

PS: I always knew Keane were a bunch of phony little c*nts.....[Dorks!]

I've a confession, I really like Crazy in Love by Beyonce! I really can't stand The Corrs, MOR shite.

PS: I don't think Morrissey is jealous of Keane - more surprised by their success.

Blue is the most disgusting band i've ever seen! They are not making music, they are just standin there and thinking how handsome they are.. A big bunch of idiots!
Westlife and Duran Duran are following them.. (sorry I can't be so sarcastic about them, but be sure i don't like them too..)
By the way, Keane is not crap...I think they are making quite good music, at least they look kind...
Edit: I forgot Depeche Mode! I really really don't like their music, i don't care how old they are...

Last edited:
DAnn Coulter said:
I label Keane as "CRAP" becasue they are BOOOOOORING as hell!!!!
Un-inspiring and totally un-original. I wouldn't mind if they played their music on elevator rides, grocery stores, and gas stations all the time [infact, I welcome it, have you heard what other worse crap is played at those places? Oh God!] .....Keane's music is adequate for those settings in my opinion.......but for me to actually play their crappy music at home [where there's choice] is another story.

PS: Morrissey jealous of those geeks?.........I dont' think so! :rolleyes:

Morrissey may not be jealous of their actual songs, but he's jealous that they're getting airplay. He said so! Morrissey is a very competitive guy. Remember when he turned on Suede when he felt they were stealing some of his fans?

When I said I heard them in a gas station, it was just on the gas station worker's jam box, not some corporate piping-in of music. (One of the first times I heard The Smiths was at a concession stand at Sea World when I was a teenager ("I Won't Share You")....)

I'm just saying, that song is pretty IMO, and a diversity of people seem to like it. A real song for real people, or something like that. There's so few decent songs on the radio nowadays that it kind of stands out, especially since Keane use a different mix of instruments than the usual. And, again, I think it's silly to go out of one's way to call them "crap" when you have the Christina Aguileras of the world all over the radio. Whether you personally like Keane or not, I don't think they're making music in a cynical fashion for the wrong reasons.

All these bands that try to appeal to teenyboppers (Mcfly for example) as rock music, when it's really happy pop type songs (how could a song with it's damn repetitive chorus being 'Who the hell is she? That weirdo with five colours in her hair' be so well liked?!) As you may be able to tell, I have a thing against Mcfly. Can't stand them. I'm not a fan of the Arctic Monkeys either... way overrated and overhyped.

Arctic Monkeys, Razorlight, Hard-Fi, Keane

Four bands I personally consider to be severely overhyped and terribly average.

Personally I think:
Hard-Fi- they were appalling when I saw them live at Milton Keynes when opening for Greenday; they tried to cover "Seven Nation Army"...Oh How wrong that went...*cringes* but then again this only my opinion.
Er Also there's fall out boy- who all of my friends seem to like and I personally can't stand. Eugh their singer makes me cringe a bit 'cause I can't understand what he's saying a lot of the time.
Simple Plan
Son of Dork and all those Busted type bands if you get what I mean.
Finally, Panic! At the disco...just never understood the appeal to them myself..
But then again these are just my opinions so, yeah, maybe it's just me being a bit harsh tonight.

any dance music to which i was groped at a gay bar by a yicky old troll

any dance music to which i threw out a yicky old troll at a gay bar while employed as a bouncer

auntie maddy - could a rabbi please poison her kaballa water?

rap that doesn't have relevant social commentary - that's how it started out, that's why it kept going. the songs with that have lasted have got that socio-economic insight. hip-hop is the culture, not the music.

those emo groups signed to 'indie' labels that could settle a third world nation's debt.......

the beatles

the flaming lips

sarahT said:
yeah, people seem to think that the way to add emotion to a song is to warble, sing really long notes all the time, sing loudly, etc. what happened to just putting emotion into your voice when singing in the same way you can put emotion into your voice when talking?

Back
Top Bottom