Considering that JK Rowling cites Morrissey as a influence..

L

Librarian on Fire

then how come she hasn't learn't anything about writing? After reading the first 100 pages of the new Harry Trainspotter I gave up. As a former children's librarian I'm horrifed that such a leaden, turgid book and a ordinary writer get so much attention. And as for that myth that she gets children reading, she doesn't. Reading Harry five times isn't the same as expanding and discovering the world of children's literature and better authors. It's about time Morrissey declared a fatwah on the Scots' "thinking man's totty".

SHUT UP, MISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> then how come she hasn't learn't anything about writing? After reading the
> first 100 pages of the new Harry Trainspotter I gave up. As a former
> children's librarian I'm horrifed that such a leaden, turgid book and a
> ordinary writer get so much attention. And as for that myth that she gets
> children reading, she doesn't. Reading Harry five times isn't the same as
> expanding and discovering the world of children's literature and better
> authors. It's about time Morrissey declared a fatwah on the Scots'
> "thinking man's totty".

the new book is easily the worst. He's in 5th year now, where's all the sex, drugs and rock n roll?

> and a ordinary writer get so much attention

Yes, she's a ordinary writer. As are you. However she, at least, knows the difference between "a" and "an".

JK Rowling is easily among the top five most irritating and pointless no-talents who have been awarded a great deal of undeserved fame. Every time I see a Harry Potter book I want to shove it down the throat of the person who carries it.

Christ.
Burn the witch.

> JK Rowling is easily among the top five most irritating and pointless
> no-talents who have been awarded a great deal of undeserved fame. Every
> time I see a Harry Potter book I want to shove it down the throat of the
> person who carries it.

> Christ.
> Burn the witch.

LISTEN BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> person who carries it.

> Christ.
> Burn the witch.

a bit harsh, Ms Parly?

Here, bloody, here!!!!

> then how come she hasn't learn't anything about writing? After reading the
> first 100 pages of the new Harry Trainspotter I gave up. As a former
> children's librarian I'm horrifed that such a leaden, turgid book and a
> ordinary writer get so much attention. And as for that myth that she gets
> children reading, she doesn't. Reading Harry five times isn't the same as
> expanding and discovering the world of children's literature and better
> authors. It's about time Morrissey declared a fatwah on the Scots'
> "thinking man's totty".

Spot on!!!
We've been having 'events' in our library in the run-up to the wretched release. Why can't they make fuss over a selection of releases for kids, instead of just her piffle.

If anything, I bet it's put a lot of kids off reading cos they'll think all children's fiction is about wizards and dross like that.

And she's got a po-face.

Re: Here, bloody, here!!!!

> We've been having 'events' in our library in the run-up to the wretched
> release. Why can't they make fuss over a selection of releases for kids,
> instead of just her piffle.

You may as well be asking why the media can't make a fuss over a selection of football clubs from the Greater Manchester area, rather than endlessly gushing about Man Utd. Can you see 55,0000 people queuing to see a football team comprising 4 players each from Oldham Athletic, Stockport County, and Man Utd? Nobody gives a flying fondue set about players from the lower reaches of Division 1, but put Man Utd's first eleven on the pitch and enough people to fill Old Trafford 4 times over will not only willingly be extorted, they'll even queue for the bleedin' privilege. Like Man Utd, the Potter books are an extremely lucrative cash cow.

> If anything, I bet it's put a lot of kids off reading cos they'll think
> all children's fiction is about wizards and dross like that.

I'm afraid you appear to be suffering from what's commonly referred to as Potterphobia; a condition often resulting from childhood desires that were repressed or thwarted. A common example is an achingly heart-felt desire to get a special magic wand for Christmas, only to have your hopes cruelly dashed against the rocks each year with yet another My Little Pony. Fear not, however, for there are organisations offering free counselling to troubled souls like you. See http://www.victimsofwanddeprivation.com for useful phone numbers etc.

Get well soon. xxx

Do you think J. K. Rowling is a Real Witch?

Do you think J. K. Rowling is a Real Witch? Ms. Parly says to burn the witch. Rowling does seem to have a detailed knowledge of the contents of arcane medieval grimoires.

> person who carries it.

> Christ.
> Burn the witch.

Spot on Parly, but they'd need one hell of a gob to swallow the latest brickbat. Bad fantasy novels all have one thing in common - thinking they're meritorious enough to justify 1000 odd pages, and similarly editors too fearful of the author's superstar status to give the book the wholesale editing (or in this case pulping) that the book deserves.

Re: Here, bloody, here!!!!

> Spot on!!!
> We've been having 'events' in our library in the run-up to the wretched
> release.

Oh we had a "Storylines Festival" in Auckland, featuring NZ authors including that silly old bat Margaret Mahy. Harry Potty and the Order of the Phoenix was read out loud, the entire book, and it's now been logged with the Guinness World Records officals. It was held in the weekend and there was no way I was giving up my weekend to read about muggles and other witchery. It's all the work of the devil I say

Baiting Harry Potter fans is as much fun as baiting Belle and Sebastian fans..."they're not THAT good". Always fun for a rise.

Re: No. But I think that you're a real asshole.

Your response to this serious question reveals how nice, considerate, and rational you are.

Re: Do you think J. K. Rowling is a Real Witch?

> Do you think J. K. Rowling is a Real Witch? Ms. Parly says to burn the
> witch. Rowling does seem to have a detailed knowledge of the contents of
> arcane medieval grimoires.

Rowling is a witch on a different level in a different sense of the word.
To describe her as a practitioner of the Old Religion, in other words as an honest-to-Earth WITCH, would be to dignify her. We simply cannot have this.

Her "knowledge" of anything is null.

Back
Top Bottom