Conservative Morrissey fans?

• Thread starter Gov. Jim McGreevey
  • Start date
G

Gov. Jim McGreevey

TRENTON (Aug. 7) - Republican Bush campaigner and supporter Lets Go Devils said she's "heartbroken" that Bruce Springsteen plans to rock against President Bush. Opening her weekly radio show Friday with "Born to Run," Lets Go Devils called Springsteen one of her musical idols.

"I really appreciate his music, but I wish he wouldn't interject his music with politics, First Morrissey and now Springsteen" said Devils, co-chairperson of Bush's re-election campaign in New Jersey, along with Former Governor Christine Todd Whitman.

Springsteen and REM will perform Oct. 1 in Philadelphia as part of a series of concerts being staged in nine swing states to oppose Bush's re-election.

The money generated will go to America Coming Together, a group dedicated to defeating Bush." The shows will be presented by MoveOn Pac, the electoral arm of the liberal interest group MoveOn.org.

"I'm going to have to miss this one, and Morrissey's" Devil's said Friday in response to Morrissey wishing Bush had died instead of Reagan. Devils also added "Patti Scialfa is the Yoko Ono of the 90's".

Back
Top Bottom