Buying on eBay

T

tenfourzero

I'm totally gutted at missing out on tickets so I'm looking to buy from the greedy fookers on eBay. But I read TicketMaster were not sending out tickets to people who sell them on eBay?

Is this true? If I buy tickets will I miss out when they are released a week before the gig? Thoughts welcome!

Don't buy off ebay, if you have to, buy off touts on the night. Keep looking on here and the marketplace for spares.

> I'm totally gutted at missing out on tickets so I'm looking to buy from
> the greedy fookers on eBay. But I read TicketMaster were not sending out
> tickets to people who sell them on eBay?

> Is this true? If I buy tickets will I miss out when they are released a
> week before the gig? Thoughts welcome!

I back this option. If you plan it right, and don't turn up to the venue until about 8.20pm (after the support, before the gig). You stand a fair chance of getting a ticket at a more reasonable price.

Beware however! This option has it's risks. A friend of mine once waited until a gig had begun and made an offer to a tout. The response shows them for what they are. The guy pulled out a ticket, and ripped it up in front of my mates face. Prefering to do this, than have to lower his price.

When Moz played the Ally Pally, the Touts had a serious amount of tickets, and were desperate to get rid of them . They were meeting the buses and offering them at £5 each. This was well before the support (Kirsty MacCall) had come on.

E-bay just takes the prices to a stupid level.

I could tell you tout stories all day! I hate them.

i also suggest checking back with ticketmaster every day...it's becoming more and more common for them not to offer all the tickets the first day, including many good tickets. this way the label could say a show 'sold out' in minutes as well as keeping good seats away from touts.

the NYC show in fall 2004 is a good example. every week they released more and more tickets and the few days before the show they released many tickets in the first five rows, including front row pit tickets i came accross (but did not buy because i already had fourth row tickets and couldn't afford to buy more and risk not selling the ones i had already. what a bummer, i was unemployed at the time, if it happened now i would have purchased those front row tickets no matter what)

> I back this option. If you plan it right, and don't turn up to the venue
> until about 8.20pm (after the support, before the gig). You stand a fair
> chance of getting a ticket at a more reasonable price.

> Beware however! This option has it's risks. A friend of mine once waited
> until a gig had begun and made an offer to a tout. The response shows them
> for what they are. The guy pulled out a ticket, and ripped it up in front
> of my mates face. Prefering to do this, than have to lower his price.

> When Moz played the Ally Pally, the Touts had a serious amount of tickets,
> and were desperate to get rid of them . They were meeting the buses and
> offering them at £5 each. This was well before the support (Kirsty
> MacCall) had come on.

> E-bay just takes the prices to a stupid level.

> I could tell you tout stories all day! I hate them.

Back
Top Bottom