Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently… it’s because the band hasn’t rehearsed the songs. I wonder who’s behind this. None of the members from quarry are in the band now. And I’m sure that’s a blow to the ego of a very sensitive guitar player….
It's been on the books for a couple of months now. You figure the mates would get their :poop: together and rehears for damn sake!!!!!

I think the biggest insult to fans is that he had time to write an obituary for Melanie, yet there is no mention or explanation for canceling two large shows tomorrow. That's a slap in the face to loyal Moz fans.

No way is this anything to do with the band. Whatever you think of them, they're all professional musicians that have had gigs outside of this set up. Like them or not, they can play their instruments and musically, YATQ is not the most taxing of records to play.

This is 100% ticket sales. M decided to try and ride the nostalgia train by doing a full album show. He, or whoever is advising him, thought it would be a nice payday and would generate some positive press. Few days to go and, with venues looking to be half full, he's bottled it.

They could say, ok these gigs aren’t sold out but there’s 10000 people who have paid to see you, so get out there and make them happy.
Morrissey just isn't that kind of artist though, and never has been. He's not a trouper who will battle through adversity to ensure that the show goes ahead - he's the complete opposite: highly-strung, temperamental, and will cancel at the drop of a hat if he isn't 'feeling it'.

I suspect everyone around him thought it was on, until he found out that the venues were only half-sold, and he simply said 'f*** it - I'm not in the mood anymore', and walked.

Please don’t blame the band. (Apart from the obvious one 😡)
Anybody who has invested time in this career will know what’s going on.
All this needed sorting out many years ago.
Is it too late to make changes???
Would you trust in the future???

Answers on a postcard !
(Hopefully he’ll read and !!!!!! ……………Who knows ??????)

Best wishes to you Steven.
Get well soon.

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

Of course, but it goes with the profession. They signed up for it. And they’ll get over it, or quit.
It would be interesting to know if the band are retained on a flat rate, and get paid the same amount regardless, or if they would have earned more money had these shows gone ahead. If he keeps cancelling, and the band members are losing money, eventually they'll start walking and get a more regular touring job with another artist.

He was never going to sell Kia and he didn’t even sell out Honda
To think he sold Staples center 11 years ago . That is why it’s all canceled the girls could easily play quarry . Jesse maybe not.
Poor moz he really has f***sd it

This is just sad. Morrissey has been my favorite living artist and performer for ages. He's beginning to remind me of my favorite deceased one.

Is this what fans were whispering to each other in 1974, College Park, Maryland, as the wheels REALLY started to come off for Elvis Presley? I know (well, I assume) that it's not a drug problem, but it feels as though we are watching a career disintegrate in slow motion.

There's a real human being who has brought me joy, and sadness, and exhilarating moments, and made me think. Morrissey's words perfectly expressed so many things that I had felt in my life and been unable to articulate. He has given me so much. I want the man to be well. Whatever it takes.

Just shitcan the rest of the tour. Be honest with the fans you have left about whatever the hell is going on. Sunlight is the best disinfectant. Go get better. Besides, how can we miss Morrissey unless he goes away for a while?

Is he still in Paris?

His music hasn’t been selling though. So that’s hardly going to change things.
Are you serious? He makes most of his money on tours , not sales .
So the fact it didn’t sell would be a huge factor . Plus he knows people will post “ look at the empty spaces “ photos
Sone of us have said since 2015 the whole Moz Angeles thing is dead
The venues were smaller , Hollywood bowl gigs had give away tickets. Then to make things worse for himself he walked at the Greek . The other factor is all the good will he had around the time of World Peace had been spent , even lots of the hardcore had long since stopped
It’s really depressing he can’t be in a good state. I think he could turn it around but he isn’t going to with Sam, Jesse and Dodwell as his A team . We all warned him .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom