Beethoven Was Deaf - Suedehead version changed on streaming platforms

liamg_99

Hi, Liam from Australia here.

I was just playing through ‘Beethoven Was Deaf’ (one of mine & dad’s all time favourites from Moz) on Spotify, and Suedehead has been changed to a different version. Same on Apple Music.
Anyone else noticed this/know why it has happened? Pretty upset because we love the original!
Lucky we have a copy in record and CD format so all’s not lost. Can’t wait to see Moz in December down here!

Update: it’s also been changed on YouTube (the album was uploaded on the ‘Morrissey - Topic’ channel 8 years ago).

Hi, Liam from Australia here.

I was just playing through ‘Beethoven Was Deaf’ (one of mine & dad’s all time favourites from Moz) on Spotify, and Suedehead has been changed to a different version. Same on Apple Music.
Anyone else noticed this/know why it has happened? Pretty upset because we love the original!
Lucky we have a copy in record and CD format so all’s not lost. Can’t wait to see Moz in December down here!
Changed to a different version? How do you mean? I'm looking forward to seeing Morrissey in December too!

Yes, It's the version from the "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" single

Last edited:
How could this happen? Who makes these decisions? Wouldn't the artists have to be consulted? A very disconcerting development, which casts doubt on the credibility and stability of digital acquisitions, does it not?

Back
Top Bottom