baltimore gig

underdog99

for all those who are going to the baltimore moz show, or for anyone who lives in that area....what is it like? are there cheap motels nearby (cant afford a hotel :eek: ), anything i should know about the area? any info is greatly appreciated!

I'm not from there, but I've been there several times. The venue is right downtown, just a couple blocks from the waterfront. I've stayed in hotels nearby a couple times, and they were quite expensive (and that was 10 years ago). Maybe there's a youth hostel nearby?

for all those who are going to the baltimore moz show, or for anyone who lives in that area....what is it like? are there cheap motels nearby (cant afford a hotel :eek: ), anything i should know about the area? any info is greatly appreciated!

I am from Baltimore and I will be attending the show.

The venue is dowtown right by the Inner Harbor, in an area of bars/clubs known as Power Plant Live. There's next to no street parking, so unless you are taking a cab or walking, you'll probably have to park in a nearby garage, which can run you anywhere from $5-$10 depending on which garage you go to.

The hotels in the Inner Harbor area are probably on the expensive side. I don't know of any cheap hotels/motels closeby, but if you were thinking of getting a rental car or if you don't mind taking a cab, I would suggest staying at a hotel or motel in Baltimore County in the Rosedale or White Marsh areas. Those are only a 20-30 minute drive away from the city and they will probably save you some money. La Quinta Inn (which also might be called the Fairfield Inn) in Rosedale is right by the highways and it's very inexpensive.

If you have any other questions, just ask me.

Thanks for all the info....I was in Baltimore once before but in a much worse area, I was actually frightened it was so bad, I'm from NY and have been in terrible areas of Queens and Brooklyn but nothing as bad as there, ha. But I'm assuming this area is richer, nicer etc.

Most likely I'll end up sleeping in my car, we might only stay the night of the show and drive back in the morning who knows

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the info....I was in Baltimore once before but in a much worse area, I was actually frightened it was so bad, I'm from NY and have been in terrible areas of Queens and Brooklyn but nothing as bad as there, ha. But I'm assuming this area is richer, nicer etc.

Most likely I'll end up sleeping in my car, we might only stay the night of the show and drive back in the morning who knows

Thanks again!

Oh my gosh! haha. I can't imagine being that frightened in Baltimore. It doesn't seem that bad to me. I guess I am just accustomed to everything from living and driving through the area quite often.

The area that the venue is located in is relatively safe. It's in an area popular with tourists and travelers, so you should be fine.

are they really strict about camreas or is it possible to bring one in?

I haven't been to that particular venue before, but from what I've heard from those that have, they are EXTREMELY strict about it. I think they do a search.

I'm going to try to smuggle one in though. If you decide to bring one too make sure you hide it well!

Back
Top Bottom