Are Smiths DVD's worth buying?

E

Emile

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has brought any of those bootleg dvds of Smiths and Morrissey footage. I wanted to know if their worth buying? There are some going for quite a lot on ebay and just want to see if their value for money. I got one ages ago I think it was an '83 gig and the quality was awful! ....... Thanks x

Hi Emile,

I bought a collection of six bootleg-dvds ("extreme history" or something) several months ago (forgot the seller's name, sorry). Although i spent a squillion € on it, it was totally worth it.

> Hi Emile,

> I bought a collection of six bootleg-dvds ("extreme history" or
> something) several months ago (forgot the seller's name, sorry). Although
> i spent a squillion € on it, it was totally worth it.

Thanks SONAR, be grateful if you still have their email address? How much did you pay also what was on the DVD?

Thanks again

> Hi everyone,

> I wanted to ask if anyone has brought any of those bootleg dvds of Smiths
> and Morrissey footage. I wanted to know if their worth buying? There are
> some going for quite a lot on ebay and just want to see if their value for
> money. I got one ages ago I think it was an '83 gig and the quality was
> awful! ....... Thanks x

I got one a few months back ands it was rather poor; fuzzy old videoed tv appearances, badly copied promos that were already widely available.... paid a couple of quid due to the auction being aborted (vendor in bother over adding paypal fees) and would have been furious if I'd paid more. Cant recall the vendor's name but he was based in the Isle of Man. Beware.

For The Smiths, you can get everything that exists on soulseek, torrent, and other download sites. The quality almost certainly won't be any worse than ones you can purchase but downloading does involve more time and effort.

> Thanks SONAR, be grateful if you still have their email address? How much
> did you pay also what was on the DVD?

> Thanks again

I'm sorry, I searched for that adress in my eBay-account and mail but it's too long ago and that guy is no longer a registered user since feb (I think he maybe just got himself a new seller-id because some of the bootleg-tapes being offered look just like the ones he sold back then). I could still contact him over eBay whatsoever, but I'm not sure the mail would reach it's destination.
The DVDs have all the videos, about 40 tv appearances from everywhere, some documentaries, the southbank thing, brixton gig and so on. And of course it's - like somebody stated here - poor quality but that's because it's friggin 25 years ago. I'm just glad I was able to see the stuff at all.
So, if you really want me to I could send a request via eBay and maybe you and that guy could get in contact.

Best
Sonar

Back
Top Bottom