American guns strike again

about the shootings
i've spent some time in Virginia
and i can guarantee you that even in the wake of these shootings
THOSE PEOPLE LOVE THEIR GUNS!
[/IMG]

great.....you got one person starting a thread about Americans and guns, and the murder of, i hear now, of up to 30 people, starting their adult lifes;

and you post a picture of a M16........* shakes head in belwiderment* of the crassness of that post:(

i like
BP-005_crass-anok.jpg

&
i will dance a jig when 'the more you explore me!' is no more
so it all works out for me...

Last edited:
great.....you got one person starting a thread about Americans and guns, and the murder of, i hear now, of up to 30 people, starting their adult lifes;

and you post a picture of a M16........* shakes head in belwiderment* of the crassness of that post:(

I think you are trying to find sense where there is none ... I'd give up if I was you :D

i like
BP-005_crass-anok.jpg

&
i will dance a jig @ the more you explore me! is no more
so it all works out for me...

why are you so bitter that i broke up with you, you told me it wasn't working between us....why are you so cruel me.....i thought you wanted babies with me....."The hottest love has the coldest end."

how can i go on.

Some background:

"Gun Bill Gets Shot Down by Panel

Jan. 31, 2006

HB 1572, which would have allowed handguns on college campuses, died in subcommittee.

A bill that would have given college students and employees the right to carry handguns on campus died with nary a shot being fired in the General Assembly.

House Bill 1572 didn't get through the House Committee on Militia, Police and Public Safety. It died Monday in the subcommittee stage, the first of several hurdles bills must overcome before becoming laws.

The bill was proposed by Del. Todd Gilbert, R-Shenandoah County, on behalf of the Virginia Citizens Defense League. Gilbert was unavailable Monday and spokesman Gary Frink would not comment on the bill's defeat other than to say the issue was dead for this General Assembly session.

Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker was happy to hear the bill was defeated. "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus."

Del. Dave Nutter, R-Christiansburg, would not comment Monday because he was not part of the subcommittee that discussed the bill.

Most universities in Virginia require students and employees, other than police, to check their guns with police or campus security upon entering campus. The legislation was designed to prohibit public universities from making "rules or regulations limiting or abridging the ability of a student who possesses a valid concealed handgun permit ... from lawfully carrying a concealed handgun."

The legislation allowed for exceptions for participants in athletic events, storage of guns in residence halls and military training programs.

Last spring a Virginia Tech student was disciplined for bringing a handgun to class, despite having a concealed handgun permit. Some gun owners questioned the university's authority, while the Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police came out against the presence of guns on campus.

In June, Tech's governing board approved a violence prevention policy reiterating its ban on students or employees carrying guns and prohibiting visitors from bringing them into campus facilities."​

So another Nutter is part of the story, I guess. That makes two.

Last edited:
Hes ignoring you. You need to move on and find better people.
but it's imposible, when....when....when *sniff* runs from the computer in tears.........
:(

Another American educational establishment gets the gun treatment.

I'm not a big fan of our UK government right now, but thank God I was born in England.
We don't love guns.

Nutters.

you're an idiot for this and all posts.

I FEEL the problem with America isn't guns...IT'S STRESS!!!

stress to succeed, stress to be a productive and efficient worker, stress to obtain the "American Dream".

It's around Finals Week throughout the country...Not sure of Virginia Tech's schedule, but I am theorizing that the gunman was a student who snapped. We see it in America's schools, we see it in the workplace...STRESS.

I've said it before here recently, I wish America just chilled out and stopped trying to be #1. The government and corporate lifestyle spreads over to the general public and, well, this is no way to live. This is why I want to leave this country and go somewhere more relaxing. It's too much.

Edit: heck, add to it America's poor diet based on refined and processed foods which contribute to anxiety and stress disorders. Just a another example of how the lifestyle needs to change in this country.

Last edited:
but as far as gun rights are concerned, lets make no mistake about it: AUTOMATIC weapons are FOR SURE unnecessary for both hunting and personal protection. They should be banned and taken off the market.

I like the people of England and the UK, don't get me wrong, but the idea that it is somehow superior to the US is something I could never understand. It's kind of like these White Power kids I see sometimes, they have nothing to claim any pride about except their belief that being "White" makes them superior so they cling to that. "Well, at least we're white." That's how I see people from the UK or anywhere really that never have anything good to say about the US. "Well, at least we're British."

The fact that you are not allowed to own weapons doesn't make you superior, in fact the opposite, in my opinion. I've owned guns since I was 9 or 10 years old and went shooting regularly when I was younger, and I've never shot anyone yet. Knock on wood, but in my life, because I am responsible for my own actions, and because I don't go shooting with careless idiots like Dick Cheney, I've only experienced fun in all the times I have shot a weapon.

I hesitate to say anything that seems as if I am putting down an entire country for the expressed views of a few, and I'd like to have friends in UK and all over the world, but to the people that think UK is superior you are living in a dream, but I am glad you are happy there. Still it's natural to be proud of your home, I guess. At least you aren't as bad as US citizens that, in an effort to be accepted, put down their own country and try to use British slang and fit in, something you could never do, and it only makes you look foolish to "both sides", since we seem to be drawing up teams here.

Screw you, UK! Screw you! :eek: :D ;)

you're an idiot for this and all posts.

I FEEL the problem with America isn't guns...IT'S STRESS!!!

stress to succeed, stress to be a productive and efficient worker, stress to obtain the "American Dream".

It's around Finals Week throughout the country...Not sure of Virginia Tech's schedule, but I am theorizing that the gunman was a student who snapped. We see it in America's schools, we see it in the workplace...STRESS.

I've said it before here recently, I wish America just chilled out and stopped trying to be #1. The government and corporate lifestyle spreads over to the general public and, well, this is no way to live. This is why I want to leave this country and go somewhere more relaxing. It's too much.

Edit: heck, add to it America's poor diet based on refined and processed foods which contribute to anxiety and stress disorders. Just a another example of how the lifestyle needs to change in this country.

exactly. i see it everyday, especially being a junior in high school, people are so damn worried and stressed about college and their future like its some dreaded horrible fight you have to get through. and most of these people are ones who have never travelled outside the US, they have no idea what else is out there and think they'll fail at life if they dont succeed succeed succeed. fear of failure is their motive. and you know, all that processed food and sugar is the cause of ADHD and all those "diseases/disorders". i really dont think availability to guns is the problem at all, its the way so many people are brought up in america. this is why im moving back to europe asap, where i feel partly taken care of instead of fighting against this system that wants to devour me.

Last edited:
exactly. i see it everyday, especially being a junior in high school, people are so damn worried and stressed about college and their future like its some dreaded horrible fight you have to get through. and most of these people are ones who have never travelled outside the US, they have no idea what else is out there and think they'll fail at life if they dont succeed succeed succeed. fear of failure is their motive. and you know, all that processed food and sugar is the cause of ADHD and all those "diseases/disorders". i really dont think availability to guns is the problem at all, its the way so many people are brought up in america. this is why im moving back to europe asap, where i feel partly taken care of instead of fighting against this system that wants to devour me.

England doesn't have sugar?

England doesn't have sugar?

i havent lived in england but i cant imagine their children consuming the same amount of soda, fast food, candy, junk food, etc. as so many kids do here. i mean, we are the "fast food nation". or am i completely wrong? :o
either way, its not wholly about the sugar.

edit: average American consumes 2-3 pounds of sugar each week

Back
Top Bottom