Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

I Know its slightly off topic but i've just bought another copy of the 1st Smiths album but it seems a little different from the others. This ones inner sleeve, although looking the same is on a glossy paper, now i have a few other copies that are on a matt paper surface. The pictures, layout and lyrics all seem to be the same though. Anyone got any ideas please..... Cheers .. Spike

style7Pikey.png

I've just bought another copy of the 1st Smiths album but it seems a little different from the others. This ones inner sleeve, although looking the same is on a glossy paper, now i have a few other copies that are on a matt paper surface. The pictures, layout and lyrics all seem to be the same though. Anyone got any ideas please..... Cheers .. Spike

Repressings were often done slightly cheaper... nothing unusual. Morrissey was always picky on how he wanted his releases to come out, but he wasn't around supervising when the time came for repressings. So if the record company could change a few things to save them some money, they did.

Stephane

Thanks for that insight Stephane, I thought it was something lie that.
and can i also say that i'm a regular visitor to your most excellent site.

style7Pikey.png

I just bought:

- Morrissey "You Have Killed Me" one-track CD-R promo (acetate)
- Morrissey "The Youngest Was The Most Loved" two-track CD-R promo
- Morrissey "First Of The Gang To Die" four-track CD-R promo

All from Vinyl Exchange.

:)

I never cared for shirts with the artist's actual image or photo on them. I prefer album art or band logos, but I thought this one was striking. I especially like that its on the back of the shirt.

Last edited:
interesting drug (cassette single)
ouijaboard, ouija board (cassette single)
november spawned a monster (cassette single)
suedehead (cassette single)
everyday is like sunday (cassette single)
piccadilly palare (cassette single)
the last of the famous international playboys (cassette single)

Southpaw grammar (japanese LP)

My latest arrivals:

The Smiths: Hand in Glove - 7" (London address)
The Smiths: This Charming Man - Spanish 1 track promo cd
Morrissey: Love To See Him - bootleg cd
Morrissey: The More You Ignore Me - French ltd edn cd
Morrissey: Satan Rejected My Soul - UK cd
Morrissey: Our Frank - Japanese promo cd
Morrissey: Ouija Board, Ouija Board - Japanese promo cd
Morrissey: Interesting Drug - UK 12"

And only today:

The Smiths: What Difference Does It Make - UK cd
Morrissey: Alma Matters - UK 12" (in perfect condition)
Morrissey: That's Entertainment - Dutch promo cd

The Smiths - The Visual Documentary by J.Rogan

While I love the pictures, the reading this book has put me in a really bad mood.

Morrissey at KROQ
Ringleader Of The Tormentors promo CD
You Have Killed Me promo CD
Boxers US CD

i did not want to start a new thread for this:
i could get my hands on two 12" singles...the uk pressing of "this charming man" (without the band name on the cover) and the dutch pressing of "the headmaster ritual". both seem to be in nm condition. they cost 20 euros each. is that a fair price? or too much?

thanks a lot for your help, as always.

edit: oh, the TCM 12" has the capitol style RT-logo on the backcover. don't know if that's of any help...

Last edited:
i did not want to start a new thread for this:
i could get my hands on two 12" singles...the uk pressing of "this charming man" (without the band name on the cover) and the dutch pressing of "the headmaster ritual". both seem to be in nm condition. they cost 20 euros each. is that a fair price? or too much?

thanks a lot for your help, as always.

edit: oh, the TCM 12" has the capitol style RT-logo on the backcover. don't know if that's of any help...

Hello MC, 20 Euros for each sounds like a good price. I paid about 20 GBP for my Dutch "Headmaster Ritual" - at a time when it didnt appear as often as is does now. Still looking for a 7" of that one...

Regarding the "TCM" 12 inch, as far as I know the (later) UK pressing with the band name on the cover is a bit more sought after than the one without it. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong...

Hi MC, you're welcome...gern geschehn... :)

Latest purchases:

- The Smiths "Meat Is Murder" Japanese Tokuma
- The Smiths "This Charming Man" Remixes US 12 inch
- Moz "I just Want To See The Boy Happy" CD-R promo
- Moz "Irish Blood, English Heart" US 4-track 7 inch black vinyl
- Moz "The More You Ignore Me, ..." CD promo (Jake cover)
- Moz Fanzine Lot

Latest Purchases

Tee Shirts Everyday is like Sunday
Viva Hate
Hatful of Hollow (light blue)
Strangeways(light blue
Bona Drag

all from www.everythingenglish.com

strongly recommended for tee shirts...please stay away from bluecat store

cossy

Tags
the smiths vinyl